Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Blood work results

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
Not sure I told you but I was feeling really tired lately (falling asleep at 6 or 7PM) and it looked as if my muscles were "melting". I had blood work done last week and the results are not good. The CPK enzymes are high and so are the urea levels. The doc said that I have to take it easy for a while and drink gallons of water ....

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Are you taking any supps ???

When the total CPK level is very high, it usually means there has been injury or stress to the heart, the brain, or muscle tissue. For example, when a muscle is damaged, CPK leaks into the bloodstream. Determining which specific form of CPK is high helps doctor's determine which tissue has been damaged.

This test may be used to:

* Diagnose heart attackheart attack
* Evaluate cause of chest painchest pain
* Determine if or how badly a muscle is damaged
* Detect early dermatomyositisdermatomyositis and polymyositispolymyositis
* Tell the difference between malignant hyperthermiamalignant hyperthermia and postoperative infection
* Reveal who carries muscular dystrophymuscular dystrophy (Duchenne)

The pattern and timing of a rise or fall in CPK levels can be diagnostically significant, particularly if a heart attack is suspected.

High Urea levels:

A blood urea nitrogen (BUN) test is done to:

* See if your kidneys are working normally.
* See if your kidney disease is getting worse.
* See if treatment of your kidney disease is working.
* See if severe dehydration is present. Dehydration generally causes BUN levels to rise more than creatinine levels. This causes a high BUN-to-creatinine ratio. Kidney disease or blockage of the flow of urine from your kidney causes both BUN and creatinine levels to go up.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
The only supps that I'm taking are: Creatine, Taurine, digestive enzymes, Glutamine, DHEA, Krill Oil, Probiotics.

I had two injuries the last few months: a sprained knee and a trochanteritis.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic