Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Blood viscosity

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
And not donating solved the problem.. because it was still a mystery for awhile.

I still donate. Less regularly.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I’ve completely tanked iron and ferritin from over donating. Ie going at the suggested Red Cross intervals for 2 years. Levels so low no doc thought it was due to over donating until every test was run (worked for hospital at the time!).
Wow! How often were you donating?

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
I’ve completely tanked iron and ferritin from over donating. Ie going at the suggested Red Cross intervals for 2 years. Levels so low no doc thought it was due to over donating until every test was run (worked for hospital at the time!).

This exactly what happened to me, when I had routine blood work, my doctor freaked out and sent me to a a gastrointestinal doctor, I got a colonoscopy and endoscopy because they thought I was bleeding inside. I kept telling them it’s from donating but fell on deaf ears lol so now I just donate every 4 months or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I always donate double-reds. They take just the RBC's and return the rest back through same line that took the blood. Actually just did it yesterday.

But I don't see how anyone isn't going anemic dumping a pint so often. I struggle with iron/ferritin levels and blood metrics (MCV, RDW, etc.) even donating like once a quarter. And I take ProFerrin ES three times a day. Donating whole blood or just RBC's hits my ferritin stores hard.

Hematocrit was 51 before donating.
In the same boat bro and I hate it cuz too much iron through supplementation and your rbc, hematocrit and hemoglobin can get too high while on PEDs. However, when you donate, as we should, my iron levels take forever to climb back to normal. Its a catch 22 for me.

If I make the mistake of taking regular bloods with my general practitioner without making sure that my blood counts are normal going in and my iron is high enough, he wants to run 100 tests cuz he thinks there is something majorly wrong with me (he doesn't know about the PEDs.).

Anywho it sux for those of us that take a while to replenish iron and get back to normal iron saturation % after donating blood.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I just saw this, ditto.... Its fucking maddening

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
This exactly what happened to me, when I had routine blood work, my doctor freaked out and sent me to a a gastrointestinal doctor, I got a colonoscopy and endoscopy because they thought I was bleeding inside. I kept telling them it’s from donating but fell on deaf ears lol so now I just donate every 4 months or so.

I canceled the last appointment with GI doc but they keep calling me to reschedule. I hope she/he/it will be more understanding and not recommend I do the endoscopy and/or colonoscopy but I have a feeling odds are that she will. Keeping my fingers crossed and putting off that fucking appt as long as possible.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
In the same boat bro and I hate it cuz too much iron through supplementation and your rbc, hematocrit and hemoglobin can get too high while on PEDs. However, when you donate, as we should, my iron levels take forever to climb back to normal. Its a catch 22 for me.

If I make the mistake of taking regular bloods with my general practitioner without making sure that my blood counts are normal going in and my iron is high enough, he wants to run 100 tests cuz he thinks there is something majorly wrong with me (he doesn't know about the PEDs.).

Anywho it sux for those of us that take a while to replenish iron and get back to normal iron saturation % after donating blood.

Exactly! I haven't figured it out yet. I had long-term problems with Vitamin D which have been resolved. There is a link between Vitamin D and Iron, but we'll see. I can Google and cross reference stuff that seems logical all day long, but 99% of the time it turns out wrong in my case.

I seem to hover in this area where Iron is barely holding on while I'm making blood cells that are mediocre at best (inconsistent size for example),

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
It took 21 minutes yesterday which they said was the fastest they'd seen. I really never paid much attention. Maybe around 30 minutes on average?
Thanks.

I just went in to do my yearly bloodwork. I don't let the docs pull it I buy myself and order way more tests for way way less money.

They pulled 12 tubes of blood today. She said my blood was thick and clotting fast it took 3 different sticks to get all the blood she needed.

While I was waiting I logged into my blood bank and noticed I haven't donated in a year... Booked for next week. I was wondering why I felt so sluggish.

I hope to have results soon. I'll post it'll be interesting to see.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good thread! I need to start donating again. It’s been way too long, and while I feel fine, I know my iron levels are high due to TRT.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
I canceled the last appointment with GI doc but they keep calling me to reschedule. I hope she/he/it will be more understanding and not recommend I do the endoscopy and/or colonoscopy but I have a feeling odds are that she will. Keeping my fingers crossed and putting off that fucking appt as long as possible.

I don’t know your age, but I am in my mid 40’s now I guess doctors are recommending a colonoscopy at 45 now instead of 50, my number was up either way and in all honesty it’s not bad at all.

Just the “clean out” sucks

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I don’t know your age, but I am in my mid 40’s now I guess doctors are recommending a colonoscopy at 45 now instead of 50, my number was up either way and in all honesty it’s not bad at all.

Just the “clean out” sucks

You are correct and Im right there. I am around mid 40s as well. Guess Ill fuckin do it. Better safe than sorry. I just know that I dont have internal bleeding. What I don't know is if I have any colon polyps.

So yeah, polyps can be cancer precursors and the sooner you cut those out completely, the lower the risk of developing colon cancer. I just hate going to the doctors and getting tests period. I find as we get older, we better get used to it :(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic