Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Blood thinners and peptides

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I have a friend who is using ghrp-2, cjc-1295, and tb-500 to help with knee surgery.
They are 10 days post op and found a blood clot in the calf up to the back of the knee.
They doctor prescribed xarelto and mentioned no anti-inflammatory drugs like tylenol, ibuprofen, etc.

They mentioned the peptides and the doctor had never heard of them.

Does anyone know if the anti-inflammtory effects of those peptides may interact with a blood thinner?
I can't find anything on the web...

Last edited:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
A smart man would stop the peptides due to lack of evidence either way. Those superficial blood clots can also become DVTs or Pulmonary Embolisms. Whatever benefit he might be getting from the peptides cannot outweigh the risk IMO. I'd lay off until cleared and off Xarelto.

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
I agree I would stop using the peptides and start an aspirin a day.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Not (always) true. Aspirin has an anti-platelet effect while Xarelto doesn't. If you are on prescribed daily 81mg aspirin, you are typically instructed to continue the aspirin while taking Xarelto. Important since a fair number of us are at prime age for strokes and MIs :)

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
She's off the blood thinner but was advised to take an aspirin a day the rest of her life :/

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic