Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Blood Tests while on AAS

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Not so sure all of this is necessary. Some of those cardio tests are very expensive unless you are lucky enough to have some damn good insurance. Most of us don't. I had most all of it done 10 months ago, CT heart scan with calcium evaluation, ECG 12 lead, Nuclear medicine study. stress test, US Heart with 3D analysis, US vascular scan plus. VERY exensive and it took two days. I just paid $23 for a lipid and comprehensive metabolic panel. :) Homone panels are more but I just had one doen 3 months ago.

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

TEMPLAR KNIGHT

F.I.S.T.
May 15, 2021
Not so sure all of this is necessary. Some of those cardio tests are very expensive unless you are lucky enough to have some damn good insurance. Most of us don't. I had most all of it done 10 months ago, CT heart scan with calcium evaluation, ECG 12 lead, Nuclear medicine study. stress test, US Heart with 3D analysis, US vascular scan plus. VERY exensive and it took two days. I just paid $23 for a lipid and comprehensive metabolic panel. :) Homone panels are more but I just had one doen 3 months ago.

Well this was just in response to the member asking how to interpret the tests.The 2nd article is a great read for those on gear as shit that comes back high, may just likely be due to the gear in your system.
As for price there are plenty of online labs to get bloods cheap.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017

I had a discusion with my Dr, he's a internal medicine Doc, about getting these type tests done to check how my heart was doing. He told me the only way they can order these plus get ins. to pay is if your having chest pains, or a symptom of a stroke, and maybe some other issues like a bad ekg. I thought it weird that everything else has tests to check for future problems except your heart???

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I had a discusion with my Dr, he's a internal medicine Doc, about getting these type tests done to check how my heart was doing. He told me the only way they can order these plus get ins. to pay is if your having chest pains, or a symptom of a stroke, and maybe some other issues like a bad ekg. I thought it weird that everything else has tests to check for future problems except your heart???

My insurance paid a small portion of all of those tests but I ended up paying out of pocket about $4000. I believe insurance would not cover the CT heart scan with calcium evaluation paid $250 for that one. Yea, one might think being preventative is best. My insurance company does not even cover blood testing. So I pay out of pocket.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Only bothered with em once in 25 plus years or so other than physicals etc.
Americans are spoiled as shit and run to the Dr for everything then bitch about the cost of insurance if your car is running great and you do maintenance why fuck with it?
Same as the body, unless you eat like Templar...lol and smoke and drink and do drugs you will be fine;)

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Only bothered with em once in 25 plus years or so other than physicals etc.
Americans are spoiled as shit and run to the Dr for everything then bitch about the cost of insurance if your car is running great and you do maintenance why fuck with it?
Same as the body, unless you eat like Templar...lol and smoke and drink and do drugs you will be fine;)

As cheap as blood work is you can pay cash and prevent going to the doctor. Doing steroidsmakes blood work become kind of important but then it never became important to my until I turned 60. Up until the last few years, I never saw a doctor. I applied for life insurance two year ago and they refused to believe I had not see a doctor since 2010 when I had knee surgery. Once I turned 60 all f the abuse I put my bodythrough started catching up. I have seen two doctors since then. I hate going.

I do agree about drinking, smoking and doing recreational drugs......but then each to their own. I don't do them and don't hang out around anyone that does. But again, lots changes when you turn 60 and keep going.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic