pbtom
What's New?

Blood Clots!

mgeorge

mgeorge

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2018
Anyone ever experience blood clots?
So I had basic carpal tunnel surgery on both hands in April. I began to have circulation issues on the middle, pointer and thumb of my right hand.
My surgeon misdiagnosed the complications as nerve related. The 3 fingers began to bruise and turn black and blue. 2 weeks ago I wound up in the ER with almost black fingers and unbearable pain.
Turns out I had a large clot in my shoulder, forearm, and smaller clots leading to my hand. Had emergency open surgery on my arm to remove as much as possible.
So now I'm stuck with blood clots, on blood thinners, and also have a Dissected artery in my neck.
Fucking 6 months to a year of future blood thinners and meds.
I'm so pissed! Im pretty sure that puts a serious damper on my next cycle plans.
Anyone ever had issues like this? Im really bummed out by it all man

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I've always thought Litigation was way overdone and abused here in the Land of the Lawyers, but this sure sounds like a valid case for it.
I got angry just reading this shit.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
oh no @mgeorge ! That is terrible. Sounds like they really fxcked you up dude. Jeez....yea that will put a damper on a cycle, that is if you play it safe. Which I would LOL. Just take it easy and coast for awhile. Get your body healed and into that supreme condition to start again.
I've not had that, no.

mgeorge

mgeorge

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2018
I've always thought Litigation was way overdone and abused here in the Land of the Lawyers, but this sure sounds like a valid case for it.
I got angry just reading this shit.

I've always felt the same way. But I contacted a medical malpractice attorney. I'm furious

mgeorge

mgeorge

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2018
oh no @mgeorge ! That is terrible. Sounds like they really fxcked you up dude. Jeez....yea that will put a damper on a cycle, that is if you play it safe. Which I would LOL. Just take it easy and coast for awhile. Get your body healed and into that supreme condition to start again.
I've not had that, no.

Yeah I know that increasing my red blood cell count would not be the greatest thing to do. It sucks too cuz I was really looking forward to getting back on cycle. Now with the added dissected artery in my neck I can't lift anything heavy or I risk rupturing it

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I had a blood clot in my left leg from my groin to my toes. Severe pain in my calf is what allerted me to the issues. What you can do is stick to a low cycle so you can get you cumadin levels steady and do that until the clot clears. Weird thing is my leg grew lots of new veins . I have a bunch of big thick veins behind my knee. Gonna ask my doc about getting them removed.

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
I have Factor V Leiden deficiency (known since 2007) which increases my chance of blood clots significantly. Due to this, I've experienced clots that extended from my groin to ankle among other places. I've been on Coumadin / Warfarin since 2007 but it's never interfered with cruising / cycles. I ensure that I watch my PT INR so that I'm within therapeutic range while both cycling and cruising, since AAS increases hematocrit / RBC count.

I used to use a portable (finger prick) monitor for PT INR but now that I've been on Warfarin for so many years and my diet is really steady (don't want to increase Vitamin K very much), I know what I need to take everyday to remain within range. Using the monitor was much nicer than going to a facility since the results were instantaneous and I could take it anywhere. The technology has probably gotten much better and cheaper since I bought one in the late-aughts, so check it out if you're going to be on meds that long.

Also, don't come off of your warfarin (or whatever they put you on) until they've done ultrasounds and have confirmed that you don't have a genetic predisposition to clot more than normal. I made the mistake of doing this a few times and it bit me in the ass. My lower legs swell a fair amount since the venous valves are stuck open in some places and part of one calf atrophied a bit due to hypoxia / anoxia, leaving no way to innervate the muscle tissue.

I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Out of curiosity, are u using aspirin?...

mgeorge

mgeorge

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2018
I have Factor V Leiden deficiency (known since 2007) which increases my chance of blood clots significantly. Due to this, I've experienced clots that extended from my groin to ankle among other places. I've been on Coumadin / Warfarin since 2007 but it's never interfered with cruising / cycles. I ensure that I watch my PT INR so that I'm within therapeutic range while both cycling and cruising, since AAS increases hematocrit / RBC count.

I used to use a portable (finger prick) monitor for PT INR but now that I've been on Warfarin for so many years and my diet is really steady (don't want to increase Vitamin K very much), I know what I need to take everyday to remain within range. Using the monitor was much nicer than going to a facility since the results were instantaneous and I could take it anywhere. The technology has probably gotten much better and cheaper since I bought one in the late-aughts, so check it out if you're going to be on meds that long.

Also, don't come off of your warfarin (or whatever they put you on) until they've done ultrasounds and have confirmed that you don't have a genetic predisposition to clot more than normal. I made the mistake of doing this a few times and it bit me in the ass. My lower legs swell a fair amount since the venous valves are stuck open in some places and part of one calf atrophied a bit due to hypoxia / anoxia, leaving no way to innervate the muscle tissue.

I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

Well it turns out I got my results back from a test and I also have the factor V leiden
I'm glad to hear that you've been able to continue cycling. Thank you for all the info!

mgeorge

mgeorge

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2018
Out of curiosity, are u using aspirin?...

Sorry for the late reply. I've been in and out of the hospital two more times. I occasional use aspirin before this. However, I'm unable to use aspirin or ibuprofen anymore

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
Well it turns out I got my results back from a test and I also have the factor V leiden
I'm glad to hear that you've been able to continue cycling. Thank you for all the info!

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm really glad that you were diagnosed so quickly. You can probably avoid most of the mistakes I made because of the quick diagnosis. Being on Warfarin, within therapeutic range, isn't bad (I never have issues with abnormal bleeding) and as long as you keep an eye on your PT INR, you'll have no issues with AAS.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic