Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Blind Human ?....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
As I've been researching sleep disorders (slic's behalf) a question surfaced.....

Do blind humans see what they dream?....And I mean blind from birth....During REM it, from the research I stumbled upon, says they do see imagery in their dreams.....Can anyone confirm....

If so, how are they able to do this if they never saw any type of imagery in their life?....

Last edited:
Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I cannot answer that question but I would imagine that even a blind person in their imagination has an idea of what something looks like based on description. Reading a book versus seeing a movie you have a lot more detail. So I'm going to lead to the conclusion that a blind person doesn't watch very many movies but they probably have read a lot more than the average bear throughout their lifetime so their mind puts together an idea of what they think things look like. They may not see the same imagery as us or they may not see the same exact rendition of objects but I can see them being able to dream.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Apparently unborn babies dream in visual. Dunno, maybe some visual knowledge is stored genetically. Good question though.

Somewhat similar subject, until they started advertising the sleep medicine for blind people I never knew their circadian rhythm gets off, but that makes sense without sunlight.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I cannot answer that question but I would imagine that even a blind person in their imagination has an idea of what something looks like based on description. Reading a book versus seeing a movie you have a lot more detail. So I'm going to lead to the conclusion that a blind person doesn't watch very many movies but they probably have read a lot more than the average bear throughout their lifetime so their mind puts together an idea of what they think things look like. They may not see the same imagery as us or they may not see the same exact rendition of objects but I can see them being able to dream.

That sounds feasible, TOM!....It's beyond my scope of understanding....I do know that it is reported the blind or any other disability concerning the senses, causes the sufferer to have more keen abilities with the use of other senses that are ok...Maybe this is what's happening in that case?....Thank you for the reply!...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Apparently unborn babies dream in visual. Dunno, maybe some visual knowledge is stored genetically. Good question though.

Somewhat similar subject, until they started advertising the sleep medicine for blind people I never knew their circadian rhythm gets off, but that makes sense without sunlight.

If so, that is an amazing quality of the human vessel....The more I study and learn about human design, the more intrigued I become!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic