Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

'Bionic Leg' ain't feeling to Bionic.

S

SQM

Nov 28, 2016
So here we go folks, and maybe this could be turned into some kinda groovy training log one day. On December 12th 2015 @ 10-ish O'clock in the PM. I slipped on ice in a parking lot and fell directly onto Hip Bone. Shattering it along with upper Femor. Make matters worse I then started getting my ass whooped. Sucky-poo indeed my friends! After ambulance trailered my ass to ER, my wife at the time decided to go back into establishment and get drunk with a bunch of dudes. So now that your caught up on the whole 50 Shades Of Gray ordeal. Or whatever Comedy dealio it was. It's been almost a year to date I have been trying to figure out what to do about this peg leg here after a highly invasive surgery. I will spare you all the details on the Cry Baby Depression that followed along with a Shit-t-t-tay lifestyle. For the past 4.5-5 months or so, I have decided to pull my big girl panties up and do something I was told couldn't be done. I cleaned up, put the booze down to, in process of quitting smoking as I Vape 95% time and aware it's Ghey. So kiss my Azz! I started to jog and do short sprints which is painful cause my whole damn leg is metal and metal rods goes into my groin. I started doing just odd compound movements that mimics deadlifts, squats, lunges, etc. Anything, that requires a movement that I can make use out of for flexibility, ROM, Strength on Muscle & Bone. I take advantage of every time. Soooooo, stretching is evil! Squats are evil! Hell, keeping my foot planted to the floor and twisting hip creates a feeling u want no part of, bet that! Im 36yrs old, got Natty weight up good, since every Tom, Dick, & Jane wanna ask my non stop eating ass to help them move or come lift heavy shit out of the yard. I would have to say condition is quite stellar honestly. I'm ready to hit the Steel Mill now but I need all the helpful ideas, precautions, post work out therapy, and all that funky shit. Any type of ancient Chinese secrets, Chocolate Milks, Whateva! I'm ready to do this, but I'm flipping out, so I came back to the boards like Boss, son!!!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Congrats on the booze & smoking thing. Were you prescribed some "formal" Physical Therapy by your surgeon, and, how did that go? I think I got way more benefit out of my PT than I did from my MD or the fucking PA he hid behind for routine post-op visits, but I realize all that varies from one situation to another.

S

SQM

Nov 28, 2016
No, I have no insurance, no medical assistance because I'm Male with no Children. I already knew this was gonna be a full out. Make or break life changing decision. Doctor bills are way up there to. It's all falling on my shoulders as to do what's best. Nobody will see me with out cold hard cash. But, honestly over the yrs I was in the game hard. Along with all the invaluable information passed amongst all of us on these tight family boards. Damn near all I need, especially in my situation. It's a dicey ordeal so I have to not be careless and go about this wisely. Just off pain factor alone as the past has revealed Pain Management not being beneficial to my life if u know what i mean

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic