Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Bill Dobbins - photographer, writer, video maker, editor

B

billdobbins

Dec 3, 2013
For those who don't know me, I was Founding Editor of Flex Magazine, President of Weider Communications (video), Assistant to the Publisher at Muscle & Fitness. I've written three books in collaboration with Arnold Scwharzenegger (including the Encyclopedias), published eight books in total and two fine art photo books on beautiful female muscle. I am also accredited by PROPTA and ISSA and do consultation on all aspects of training, dieting, contest prep and marketing via photos/videos, websites and social media. While I am best known nowadays for my work with fit and fabulous females, I also worked with the top pro male bodybuilders for decades. My main concern nowadays is that the best male and female muscular physiques get no attention outside of the fitness world. It's been more than a decade since Mr. Olympia appeared on the Tonight Show. And while there are thousands of fabulously beautiful women involved in all aspects of competition - many of whom should be the supermodels of the 21st century - the mainstream hardly knows they exist. I am also concerned with those trying to market themselves show shoot photos with other than the best photographers and whose images simply get lost in the "noise" of millions of uploaded photos. Competent marketing is important but first you need content that is going to be compelling and stand out in an online world of chaos. I shoot the photos and videos, I help with the marketing and do all I can to present the incredible bodies we see competing on stage and in fitness models to the rest of the world in a way that makes them pay attention. I'm always happy to hear comments on these subjects.

Bill Dobbins

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Welcome to TID and its great to have you here.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Bill its a pleasure to have you here at the iron den. I agree there is less and less exposure for bodybuilder, strength and fitness athletes in general. In large the biggest problem is the athlete does not create a brand for themselves as well as the previous generation did. Arnold is a good example of this, Cory Everson as well. The athletes need to be better at promoting themselves.

Yes I agree it is important to have the best portfolio in order to promote your brand.

Great to have you here, make yourself at home :)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Welcome to The Iron Den, great to have you part of our community.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Welcome Bill...I have been reading and peeping your stuff since I started training in the 70s....My take is unless the ridiculous physiques that we have now with the insulin guts take a step back you will never see bodybuilders on the Johnny Carson ( or today's equivalent) ever again. I know you must market what is current but the Ms. Olympia competitors of yesteryear ( Rachael Mclish) would be in Bikini now. Bob Paris would be wearing board shorts. How do you feel about it? Ken

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Welcome to Iron Den. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on many issues

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Welcome. excited to have you :)

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Welcome Bill I've got one of your photography books " Modern Amazons " and indeed it is a beautifully shot and presented book . Looking forward to your input .

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, its great to have you part of this community. Look forward to your input.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome Sir. I'm Glad you are here.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Wow - it sincerely is such an honor and privilege to have mr Bill Dobbins - I'm a huge huge fan of your work . 48 been reading subscribing bodybuilding since 1978 . Your name us like synonymous with bodybuilding like weider, Arnold etc . Sheesh mugsy when I thought you couldn't find more ways to make this board the best lmao

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I "dreamt"many a night about Timea Majorova after seeing your photos as a young man. Nice to have a living "legend" in the Iron Den. Welcome Bill.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic