Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Bill Crawford Squatted 900 pounds

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Bill Crawford Squatted 900 pounds. Had to pass on third attempt due to a torn quad.

3446ovm.jpg

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
What an accomplishment! That is awesome.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great squat so shitty to have torn his quad.... He'll be back from it for sure!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Great squat to back up his already amazing bench.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
His legs are really, really wide. Does that matter? Does it offer more power when going up? Nobody I know squats like that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Awesome squat. Georgia, stances are up to the individual. Some people will squat that wide and others will squat much narrower. Obviously the wider your stance the shorter the ROM of the movement but also the more pressure will be placed on the hips. Many of the equipped lifters I train with squat wide.

Georgia if your handle is also your location there are 2 PLing gyms (1 especially) I'd recommend you check out.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
His legs are really, really wide. Does that matter? Does it offer more power when going up? Nobody I know squats like that.

I squat just about that wide. I've got way more power out of the hole that way and I feel more stable. Each rep I perform is more consistent that when I squatted Oly style. Takes some getting used to but I adapted fast and love it. My 1RM shot up from 365 to 455 in about six months due to this change.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

Part is personal preference and part is equipped vs. raw lifting.

Squatting wide lets you sit back more, which does 2 things.
1- it keeps your knees back, reducing stress on them. There are top guys who lift equipped with no knee wraps because they can sit far enough back to not put enough stress on their knees to need them.
2- It's a shorter range of motion that favors bigger muscle groups. The problem is that raw lifters would tear a groin trying to go ultra wide.... this is one way that equipment adds to the lift. In tight briefs or a suit I can squat super wide without my hips taking a beating.

Now, some equipped guys Do squat narrower ( guys like Yarmbash) and some go even wider ( Vogelpohl).... it's personal preference.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks for the knowledge boys!

I'm from south Georgia. Not from the big cities with the nice gyms unfortunately. Any in my area?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks for the knowledge boys!

I'm from south Georgia. Not from the big cities with the nice gyms unfortunately. Any in my area?

I'll find out and let you know. I'm sure there is 1 in South Ga.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic