mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That is unbelievable... Whats his total?

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Even with a "cheat shirt" on that is a LOT of weight. What is the purpose of those anyhow?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Even with a "cheat shirt" on that is a LOT of weight. What is the purpose of those anyhow?

It's not a cheat shirt. It's equipped lifting. Many will tell you lifting equipped is harder than lifting raw. It provides a more stable environment and gives the lifter "pop" off the chest.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
You can tell how good Crawford is at working the shirt, a real pioneer in shirted bench technique! Easy touch, fast and smooth press, locked out without a doubt.

Georgia.... equipped benching is a whole different animal. The shirt takes the stress off of your shoulders and gives you extra support throughout the lift ( but especially off of the chest when the shirt is loaded up the most)..... does the shirt help you lift more weight? YES.... does it do it for you? NO. YOu need to train up and get your triceps, forearms, and everything else strong enough to handle the weight. Then comes the challenge of learning how to even use a shirt.

It's not better or worse, just different. Like comparing stock car racing with drag racing with F1 racing..... just different ways of testing the same thing.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Wow. I never looked at it that way. To me it's like a 'cheat shirt'...or was. I just thought it was a big rubberband effect basically. Pull it down it snaps back up. You guys definitely lecture me pretty good.

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Its amazing the level this has climbed to these days. I remember when Ted Arcidi was the record holder for 705. Simply amazing!

Last edited:
marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Seriously, that a human can do that! Fuckin A AMAZING!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Its amazing the level this has climbed to these days. I remember when Ted Arcidi was the record holder for 705. Simply amazing!

Now even the raw record is 715 ( Scot Mendelsson) and the guys pressing around this raw are going 9 and 1000 in a shirt. Same with the squat records, now guys like Wilkerson and Malanichev are hitting a grand or close to it in just wraps!

Georgia- There are training tools like what you are talking about ( Mark bell makes the Slingshot and Titan makes the Ram).... they'll give 50ish pounds on a bench press and do a little to help the shoulders while needing no adjustment in technique....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic