Kiddorism
What's New?

Big RONNIE back in the GYM!

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBk779zGGS-/

Quote from Ronnie:

So you guy's still wanna be like me, you still want to have the same work ethic is I had. Well as you can see I'm 8 X Mr Olympia and I can't walk. I endured an 11 hour major back surgery last Tuesday. Do I have any regrets?, if I had a chance to do it all over again would I change anything? Yes if I had a chance to do it all over again I would change one thing. That is when I squatted that 800lbs I would do 4 reps instead of 2, that is my only regret in my career. Those 2 reps I did still haunts me today because I know I had 4 in me but the coward in me only did 2. That is my only regret.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Love that mentality. Right or wrong - True heart of a champion. Nothing else matters but winning.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Hardcore. Total respect for that man.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Any of the Mr O's, and pretty much any IFBB Pro has to have been willing to do a lot to achieve what each of them did. What bothered me about some is how they market themselves after, too slick, too much like politicians for me.

All Ronnie did was say here it is, if you think you can do better, we'll try it again next year. "Next year" eventually ended as it does for all athletes, but it was a great run while it lasted, and did not include the skillfully packaged bs some of them adopt. Wasn't ever much but a peanut, and never more than a light weight buddy.

ironhardempress

ironhardempress

TID Lady Member
Jan 15, 2016
he is always at the Europa show in DAllas and always easy-going and friendly. I admire him.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
I love Ronnie! He's inspired me for years. Get well soon brother!

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
jesus get those legs moving ronnie. get well ronnie.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Coleman is the greatest Pro BB to ever win the O...but he is now the poster boy for why lifting heavy all the time and using that DoggCrapp style bullshit will just ruin your body !!!
Want to end up in a wheel chair just like me....no thanks.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Coleman is the greatest Pro BB to ever win the O...but he is now the poster boy for why lifting heavy all the time and using that DoggCrapp style bullshit will just ruin your body !!!
Want to end up in a wheel chair just like me....no thanks.

DC isn't what landed him in a Wheel Chair. The Years and Years of Heavy lifting and the injuries over time add up. The guy pushed himself so Hard for so long. With tons of gear running through him. You can't come out the other end after that long without issues. Very few Top BB trained has heavy has he did.

To say DC Training is BS and will put you in a wheel chair is the BS..IMO

I love DC training when I'm not training for PL'ing. DC is what I have always fell back on. My Wife uses DC As well.

Last edited:
gh0st

gh0st

Dec 30, 2014
poor guy, hope he is back walking soon. one of my top 3 favorite contenders of all time

P

Papaw

Apr 1, 2016
Ronnie isn't going to let a little thing like back surgery slow him down. Just another motivator.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
DC isn't what landed him in a Wheel Chair. The Years and Years of Heavy lifting and the injuries over time add up. The guy pushed himself so Hard for so long. With tons of gear running through him. You can't come out the other end after that long without issues. Very few Top BB trained has heavy has he did.

To say DC Training is BS and will put you in a wheel chair is the BS..IMO

I love DC training when I'm not training for PL'ing. DC is what I have always fell back on. My Wife uses DC As well.

That's what I'm thinking. Most here have probably seen a few Ronnie vids, maybe even gone looking for them. Two of the most watched are of Ronnie squatting 800 x 2 and deadlifting 800 x 2. That is not the rep scheme DC preaches. Big Ron woulda done a helluva lot of other rep schemes, exercises and weights over 20-30 yrs, maybe it is just the accumulation of all that got him, but associating Ronnie's woes with DC or any other training "guru" is a stretch.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic