Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

big knots from Test E-300

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm cruising now on 300mg/wk of test E..... so I picked up a 20ml vial of test E at 300mg/ml.

I've used test E at 300mg/ml before and it caused huge knots then.... damn near crippling. At that point I just mixed in some Deca ( 100mg/ml) and it was good.

So the new stuff caused a big nasty knot. I mixed in some deca like last time..... but this time it's still knotting me up like crazy.

Any suggestions?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That's odd. What's the carrier oil? For some, EO causes major problems. Luckily for me I have no problems with different types of gear. I even once ran gear at 600mg/ml (300mg test/300mg EQ) and didn't experience any problems.

If it's not EO, you may wanna see what percentage of BA it's got. 3% or more causes some discomfort (but the deca would likely have helped with that). One thing you could do is break the inject into twice per week at 1/2 ml, and cut it with another 1/2 ml of steril oil. That usually does the trick.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Close to a meet I was pushing 3ml twice a week with no discomfort... I guess even cutting it in half would still only take me to 2cc per inject.... I'm familiar with cottonseed oil and grapeseed oil being used, but what's EO?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
EO is ethyl oleate, and it started to get popular several years ago because it can hold higher concentrations of gear a little bit better. Some people think EO is the bomb, but most of us like to stick with GSO or CSO as the carrier.

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
I love EO, makes the gear painless for me. Some are allergic to it though, thats why it causes them pain. For those that are not allergic, its a great carrier/solvent.

Pharm companies use up to 10% BA, so i dont think BA is the cause of the pain either.

Usually what causes pain is when gear is poorly solved, this means you got nice big crystals sitting on your muscle, if you look under microscope you will see it has tiny daggers on it, and thats what is most likely causing irritation. 300mg test e, without EO, would prolly hurt. ive made pure EO gear, and it dont hurt.

I have found though, 15% with long esters, and 40% with short is the most painless, for me.

jackedpuckstar

jackedpuckstar

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
I rarely knot up on any test except prop but when i do, running a cookie rolling pin thing over the knot and using a heating pad on and off for a day or so can help loosen up the knotted tissue.... but obv you will need some help unless you are pinning in place that you can reach... just my 0.02

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
It's hard to say, EO causes allergic reactions in some and even BB can cause allergic reactions. BB May cause skin irritation in humans and that's listed in the Merck.
Heating gear can also cause problems, To hot and it can evaporate off BA/BB.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
If your gonna use gear thats problematic I suggest 2 things, massaging it in when you finish inj, and icing it later to keep swelling down.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Grab a cold drink from the fridge works well to roll out knots, helps with swelling and pain.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
U will find this problem to be the highest down fall to using gear.Take the advice that was given to u...ice pack and massaging the knot...It will help break it down...Maybe invest in some diff gear too.Before u buy make sure u find out what its made with first before buying...As stated above by many it could very well be the eo reaction...Im assumeing that is deal here with u.....Some people have no problems with eo and some do...One question and this could have happened..Did u hit a vein and injecting anyway?...This can also cause knots too...dw

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm lucky to have a significant other who also competes so she understands what is involved..... she can reach my big ass to help pin and dig an elbow in to break up knots. Didn't hit a vein, tried a 1" and a 1.5" pin to see if it would make a difference..... it didn't.

A buddy is running the same gear and not having any problems with it at all so the EO allergy sounds like a winner. Thanks guys. I'll try ice/heat and see if it helps. With the 20ml of test and the two 5ml bottles of deca that were mixed to cut it I can't afford to just pitch 30ml of gear.... I'll work on just rubbing out the knots, trying hear and ice, and will steer clear of EO in the future.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic