Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bidens Student Loan Forgiveness (Thoughts?)

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
So what do you antigovernment types classify yourselves as?.... libertarians?

Sounds like you're trapped in 'their' Overton Window. Pinning old out of date labels on others in an attempt to pigeon hole them so one can easily dismiss them.

It's more complicated than that. People are more complicated than that. I'm a economic populist. That is, I am only concerned with the working / middle class and what helps them. I don't care how we get there. Right economics mixed with left economics. Do what works. Honor no allegiance to a manmade ism. Just take bits and pieces of different working strategies and use them mercilessly.

Socially I'm an extreme libertarian.

Our central government is completely corrupted by corporate America using the two party system. They want us playing this red team blue team game. When you vote for either party you're committing treason by supporting their system. We need to break this system and craft a new system.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
download.jpg

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
It's more complicated than that. People are more complicated than that. I'm a economic populist. That is, I am only concerned with the working / middle class and what helps them. I don't care how we get there. Right economics mixed with left economics. Do what works. Honor no allegiance to a manmade ism. Just take bits and pieces of different working strategies and use them
^^
We are more alike than apart. I wasn't labeling you guys or anything like that.
Just trying to understand what people believe in. I know I am getting scammed but will choose right over left everytime. If I had my way there wouldn't be millions on welfare and disability and criminals walking the streets. I grew up lower middle class in the 1970s and watched my dad work his way up from loading dog feed bags to foreman then supervisor and managers of various plants all while going to night school and raising 4 kids on one income. We moved around a lot for opportunities. I went to a new high school that had all the rich kids in it which pushed me harder than anything else to succeed. I was the first one in my extended family to get a college degree. Now today it's one of the biggest scams ever and we shouldn't have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Skwidox

Skwidox

May 17, 2023
I totally understand where you're coming from. It's essential to take personal responsibility for the loans we take on. However, I see the perspective of using taxpayer funds to invest in education rather than other areas. Redirecting resources towards education, healthcare, and support for veterans can have positive long-term effects on society.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
We bail out billionaires banks, corporations and investment firms all the time, what’s wrong with bailing out a working class group for a change?
Okay Mike, fair enough. They should have a record paying down their loan for a minimum of 5 years to qualify.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I can live with that but let’s also keep a record of how many times we bail out the same super rich boys and cut them off as dangerous investments after they fail repeatedly.

Reactions: CFM
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
We bail out billionaires banks, corporations and investment firms all the time, what’s wrong with bailing out a working class group for a change?
They are getting ready to bail out silicone valley banks again. No doubt the executives will give themselves a bonus afterward, like they did last time.

Rich people have succeeded in convincing poor people that they are poor because of the greed of other poor people. It is frankly disgusting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic