Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Bicep tenodesis

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I was doing well and just finishing up 16(20?)wks of test/deca. I'm hoping to be back to norm sooner than 2yrs

I was using myself as an example and like I said, depends on where you are at. Even if I had no injury, not touching a weight for 3 months like I was required could set me back about a year. Couple that with and injury and it was a long time. Also remember that 90% of the work is in the last 10% so you'll get close quickly, it's just that last 10% that grinds out.

I asked my Ortho if I would get back to what I was doing before? He asked, Well what were you doing? I told him benching 350x5 and he replied, "I can't tell a healthy 47 y.o. that he could bench that so it's doubtful" He was wrong.

Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Also remember that 90% of the work is in the last 10% so you'll get close quickly, it's just that last 10% that grinds out.
I am unfortunately aware of this from previous injuries. Rom in shoulder came quickly but now the grind is on! Thanks for the advice.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I am unfortunately aware of this from previous injuries. Rom in shoulder came quickly but now the grind is on! Thanks for the advice.
Sorry if I came off as a wet blanket buddy. I'm sure it will be back. My brother's came back quick but his workouts are a fuuk fest. I have a feeling your training is at a higher level than his.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Didnt take it that way and I appreciate your perspective, all info is good info

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey @5.0 just wanted to pop in to say hey and hope all is well. Read your recent updates and sounds like your PT is going well and your hard work is paying off. Impressing the PT is always a good goal LOL.
When you are in the beginnings of recovery like you are, it is very hard to see the end of the tunnel....sometimes very hard and you keep wanting to put a date/a figure...a something to work towards.....but the problem is that you have to take it day by day/week by week in order to see how you are progressing to determine a timeframe for yourself.
Shoot, you are in what sounds to be great shape and from your posts you appear to be very smart about training and such. So i'm sure it will be a relatively quick recovery for you, however long it may take.
<<<<<<Now is the time where i interject some motivational words of wisdom>>>>>>

Take care of the wing and you will be back in no time....always train smarter and you will be ahead of the game and take it easy, don't rush it. I am 2.5 yrs post RC Repair and I still take 10-15 mins warmup of upper body before lifting any weights. I'm still VERY VERY careful on my movements and the heavy weights on the shoulder. Good thing is that my personal trainer is also conscience and I tell him when it hurts and where and he always adjusts base on my feedback. I had to check my patience and ego out at the door when i was recovering. I've had to come to terms with it lol. It was hard.

Good luck and keep on postin and movin in the right direction!

Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the motivation @BovaJP! Stretching learned at pt is already a daily norm and I cant see that changing ever. I truly understand the patience aspect, I had my back fused about 10 yrs and it took 2 yrs to get back to any real weight but I healed PROPERLY! How long was it after your surgery before you put a bar on your back?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic