pbtom
What's New?

Bicep Tendonitis

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Bicep Tendonitis and the Effects on Your Routine

What turns out to be a small, yet annoying pain in your joint, can quickly turn into something much more debilitating. At first, you just think it might be a pulled muscle. Maybe I did a bit too much weight? But the intermediate to advanced bodybuilder knows what muscle soreness feels like after a workout. This isn't it. But there is a potential solution.

My biceps routine, which was progressing quite nicely, turned into a non-existent routine (curling a 30lb dumbbell was impossible) after I was "officially" diagnosed with acute Tendonitis in my right arm (just below the elbow joint). The doctor said that this particular Tendonitis doesn't heal. It can get less painful but the micro tears and damage are permanent. As usual, the recommendation was to 1) quit whatever aggravates it 2) use a cream that gives some heat to the area.

Rather the follow rule #1, because if you are a hardcore bodybuilder, just quitting the exercise isn't how this injury happened in the first place. I found something that worked. I didn't want to quit doing bicep curls. Bicep curls are one of the most recommended exercises for building mass. It's a simple, basic movement that works.

I did stop doing biceps movements until the pain subsided. Once the pain was significantly less, I decided to adjust my form, have a spotter assist on certain bicep exercises and used a topical cream (Biofreeze by AST). I changed the movement to go strict on any and all bicep exercises. My arms are now tight to the sides with constant tension on the muscle. Using a spotter for dumbbell bicep curls helped me eliminate the natural tendency to flare out the arms to get that weight to the completion phase of the exercise. Heavy weight with the arms slightly out tends to put a lot of pressure on that tendon.

Taking a break from the exercises allowed me to heal enough to think rationally about the adjustments I needed to make in my routine. Going back to strict form, using a topical (heat) cream and having a spotter assist with a few of the bicep movements has all but eliminated (in a medical sense) my Tendonitis. I suffer no more pain from bicep movements because of these modifications.

ceejay

ceejay

Aug 25, 2010
Rest and time was the only thing that helped me.

peace
ceejay

bgptbull81

bgptbull81

MuscleHead
Aug 26, 2010
Rest and time was the only thing that helped me.

peace
ceejay

same here.. i messed mine up so bad i couldnt even pour a glass of milk.... i took a lot of time off and when i did go back i didnt lift heavy for awhile.....

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
As I get older I realize that stretching before and AFTER a workout becomes of greater importance. Really take the time to stretch out all your muscles....even the ones you don't think you'll be using that particular day. Stretched muscles also have a better growth potential. Hitting bicep curls cold, you can still feel a great pump. But, if you can stretch out that muscle fully before activating the fibers, you're doing yourself a big favor. Stretching after eat set can also help get proper bloodflow to the enflamed muscle group. The more blood and oxygen you can move to the muscles, the potential for growth increases.

I'm sure most of you aready knew this, I just wanted to make my case for how important stretching actually is, no matter your age.

Hopefully some of the newbs will see this as time goes by.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Its not always what you want to hear but time off is some times the only solution.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Nice timing... I had just applied biofreeze to my elbow... No time off more me. Chiro treats it, ice post workout, biofreeze and compression later.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
There is hope mates!
There is a peptide that is quickly becoming popular in the weightlifting world to help remedy tendonitis and shoulder pain. It is touted as the healing peptide and is called TB-500 (Tb4). Taken SubQ with a weekly pin, you should notice a significant improvement in as little as three weeks. By the end of the six week course, most find almost total relief.

3+ months ago, my tendonitis was preventing me from many routines. Coupled with shoulder pain, and going to the gym was quickly becoming something I dreaded. Ordinarily, I would have to let my tendonitis take up to six months or more before it was ready to resume gym activity. I am in total remission, and my shoulder pain is 95% improved.

My son had the same deal with his shoulders. Unable to do a MP or a BP, he is now up and lifting heavy after six weeks.

In fact, I have referred six people to this amazing peptide, and ALL have found relief.

If you know nothing abouut this peptide, you might consider spending some time and researching. My initial course was 14mg. Since then, i've ordered up 60mg more, and plan on keeping a good supply in my fridge at all times.

If you want to know more, give me a shout.

---Roman

55markmartin

Sep 29, 2012
What and where do I get this stuff?

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
What and where do I get this stuff?

It is available on the pep market. You can PM me if you want to know where i get mine. Typical dose is 15mg over six weeks, with weekly SubQ injections, as follows:

week/dose
1 - 5mg
2 thru 6 - 2.5mg

Follow these links for some interesting reading:

http://www.columbiasurgery.org/news/research/2006_wound_healing.html

http://markets.financialcontent.com...44/Breakthrough_Peptide_Provides_Winning_Edge

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20091003/Clinical-study-data-of-Thymosin-beta-4-presented.aspx

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/do-you-know-how-to-use-tb-500-read-on-5254055.html

btw, if you are paying more than $100 for 15mg, you are paying too much!

Last edited:
A

ak_manu

Mar 9, 2013
This comes only by experience, very well said...

As I get older I realize that stretching before and AFTER a workout becomes of greater importance. Really take the time to stretch out all your muscles....even the ones you don't think you'll be using that particular day. Stretched muscles also have a better growth potential. Hitting bicep curls cold, you can still feel a great pump. But, if you can stretch out that muscle fully before activating the fibers, you're doing yourself a big favor. Stretching after eat set can also help get proper bloodflow to the enflamed muscle group. The more blood and oxygen you can move to the muscles, the potential for growth increases.

I'm sure most of you aready knew this, I just wanted to make my case for how important stretching actually is, no matter your age.

Hopefully some of the newbs will see this as time goes by.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic