pbtom
What's New?

Bicep tear RUMPLESTILTSKIN I yelled

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sorry to hear LG. If you're not in excruciating pain, you likely did not suffer a complete tear. I had something that looked very similar to yours and it was just a partial tear. I didn't bother getting it repaired, but it took a long time to heal. Now I use that as my excuse as to why I don't have 20" arms, LOL

I didn't do anything with it for at least 4-5 weeks, and then I slowly began doing extremely light weight (e.g. 5lb dumbbells) to get some blood flow to the muscle group. I did that for another 4-6 weeks, and then slowly got back into it. That was over 10 years ago, and that side is still weaker than my other side.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Early on I had the misfortune of watching a guys bicep roll up under his deltoid while deadlifting. It became my nightmare scenario in my head. I convinced myself that if it happens to me I will just do squats and leg press and build the biggest set of legs I could in that down time.

Never tore my bicep but have torn a bunch of other shit!!! It sucks with or without surgery.

Sorry to see this LG. Wish you a speedy recovery. Hope you aren't in much pain.

From my several experiences tearing shit off I can tell you that rehab should start sooner than you think so long as it's not a full rupture. Put all your effort into rehab and you can get back 100%.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Had surgery on my left bicep nov. 2nd. Speedy recovery buddy.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Damn Brother..heal fast.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic