pbtom
What's New?

Bicep pain

• Thread starter Rajarshi Chandra
  • Start Date
R

Rajarshi Chandra

May 22, 2018
Hey i guys i have a bit of problem. I been lifting over a year now and 2 days ago i did my back and bicep. For biceps i did barbel curl + hammers + cross body hammers + ez bar preacher . During workout nothing hurt everything was fine i got good pump. then next day my left bicep was really sore and right one was fine.next day soreness in left one reduced a bit but still when i flex or extend it hurts mild in the elbow joint tendon area but right one is fine. I dont knw man what went wrong. I dont have any bruise or sweeling thats a good sign i guess. I did my reseach it seems at the end of preacher curl it puts a lot of pressure on ur tendons. unlike barbell curl at the end its parallel to gravity means rest. Im scared man real scared nothing like this ever happend. Can u guys tell what is going on there im really scared...... thankx for any one who comments

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You're gonna need to ease off of the direct bicep work for a while and modify the way you do some of your pull stuff. Sounds like golfer's elbow with your tendon. It goes with the territory of lifting. Test out some different exercises for the biceps if you keep doing them and definitely lighten the set volume for a while.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If it's tendonitis you wanna get the muscles attached to the inflamed tendons to relax.

I have found body tempering to be very useful for areas like forearms, calves, biceps...

Lay on the ground and roll a barbell over both sides of your forearms. Some spots will hurt terribly. Rest the bar on those spots. Do a couple minutes on both sides. Do that daily or whenever in the gym.

Combined with stretching and strengthening the forearms (again, both sides) you shouldn't see this again.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
when you over train the smallest muscle group AFTER probably over training your back your bound to get injured. Stimulate DON'T Annialate!

R

Rajarshi Chandra

May 22, 2018
ya today i almost feel no pain when i flex . but just the sensation of something. any ways thankx for the help guys but i dont have golfer or tennis elbow i meant to say that the pain was in the distil bicep tendon area if u know what i mean. gonna lay of for a week i guess its inflamed.. hope i get better soon

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
I pulled a bicept tendon neer the shoulder in the left arm. The doctor put me on NSAI drugs and said I could keep lifting. Within 2 weeks the pain went completely away, and now my left arm is much stronger than my right. I wish I had seen him sooner. I lifted with that pain for 2 months, only because I was still seeing gains, and the pain would kind of go away during workouts.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The biceps are two relatively small muscles. They are involved in pulling exercises and receive a lot of 'work' during lat training and really only require a set or two. Take it easy on them.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
More doesn't always mean better. Sounds like you got lucky and didn't cause any long term ill-effects. Biceps don't need to be worked so much directly if you are doing bigger pulling movements as they get hit anyway.

A lot of sound advice in this thread.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic