Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bicep Development

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Anyone buy the argument that the bicep can be trained to elongate? Particularly speaking about the region approaching the elbow. A friend of mine put this article in front of me... Any thoughts pn bicep development? I'm pretty sure that you can increase just the over all mass and inner and outer heads, but you can't elongate a muscle...

I say no - the anatomy of the bicep just doesn't work that way.

Larry Scott Research Foundation: Best Lower Bicep Routine I've Found

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I'm pretty sure you're right and your friend is wrong lol. Guys with long biceps want short ones and guys with short biceps want long ones. Mine are freaking long and I'll never have a great peak like the shorties can. It is what it is though.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I personally think that long, thick biceps look powerful and athletic. They may not be as aesthetic when flexed, but they are more functional in an athletic sense and more impressive looking when at rest.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I personally think that long, thick biceps look powerful and athletic. They may not be as aesthetic when flexed, but they are more functional in an athletic sense and more impressive looking when at rest.

I agree on the relaxed appearance. It's good for the MM pose too.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure you're right and your friend is wrong lol. Guys with long biceps want short ones and guys with short biceps want long ones. Mine are freaking long and I'll never have a great peak like the shorties can. It is what it is though.

Word LOL- It is what it is

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Someone please try telling me stretching doesn't elongate muscles. Please, someone try, I know someone will.

This guy definitely skirts dangerously close to injury in the article. Fully extending your bicep like that on "just the right preacher bench" with 70lb dumbbell is most definitely dangerous; I don't care who you are. This dude goes full retard over the "perfect" preacher bench and then basis his article off this bench, a figment of his creativity by the sounds of it. Therefore, this article applies to him and no one else. Try as he might to describe this preacher bench I'm still lost and I am going to call him the retard here and not myself. Mystical preacher bench aside, omgosh you're recommending a..a...drop set?! jeebus! holy sweet gumjobs from a toothless mary while joseph films it!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I don't think that you are implying that stretching can somehow change the insertion points of the muscle group, so what exactly do you mean by "elongate muscles"? Are you referring to the muscle staying as long as is biomechanically possible while getting bigger? I'm not trying to convolute the question here, and I have nothing but my own logic that is leading me to ask these questions. Are we also talking about stretching the sarcoplasm? I'm confused, but I know that insertion points cannot be changed, therefore length of the muscle is determined by genetics.

Somebody please learn me here. It's late and I'm tired and shit is jumbled in my tiny little brain.

(On a side note gixxer, did you get my response about being hypoglycemic?)

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
^Will you stop referring to yourself as hypoglycemic! LOL Im going to e-bash the hypoglycemia diagnosis out of you and your retarded doctor. lmao

I'm talking about stretching a muscle. We stretch a muscle to elongate it and improve it's flexibility. Of course we can't change points of origin or insertion. We can definitely stretch a muscle beyond where it wants to be, but will it stay that way? I don't know. I assume it'll go back to it's resting point. Can we change that resting point? I don't know. Furthermore will this all equate to bigger muscles? I assume so. I don't know the answers :) maybe someone does.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Hahahaha, I admitted that it's not a disease, but whenever I tell people that I'm pre-diabetic, they respond with "then you don't have it yet, so you're fine". Suffice to say that all that matters is I know that it doesn't take a whole lot for me to have my blood sugar drop below 50, so IF I ever decided to try insulin, I would first surround myself with orange juice and jelly and sour patch kids and mountain dew etc etc.

Now will you answer my other questions about "elongating muscles"? lol

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Hahahaha, I admitted that it's not a disease, but whenever I tell people that I'm pre-diabetic, they respond with "then you don't have it yet, so you're fine". Suffice to say that all that matters is I know that it doesn't take a whole lot for me to have my blood sugar drop below 50, so IF I ever decided to try insulin, I would first surround myself with orange juice and jelly and sour patch kids and mountain dew etc etc.

Now will you answer my other questions about "elongating muscles"? lol

^Will you stop referring to yourself as hypoglycemic! LOL Im going to e-bash the hypoglycemia diagnosis out of you and your retarded doctor. lmao

I'm talking about stretching a muscle. We stretch a muscle to elongate it and improve it's flexibility. Of course we can't change points of origin or insertion. We can definitely stretch (elongate) a muscle beyond where it wants to be, but will it stay that way? I don't know. I assume it'll go back to it's resting point. Can we change that resting point? I don't know. Furthermore will this all equate to bigger muscles? I assume so. I don't know the answers :) maybe someone does.

Right so basically what I'm saying is: We can stretch the muscle to its biomechanical (nice word btw) limits. Can we stretch it farther over time? I don't know. Do so-call "biomechanical" limits change much like homeostasis in our bodies as we pack on mass? Food for thought. Stimulating. yummy stuff, num nums if you will.

You are like a hurricane, there's calm in your eyes. And I'm getting blown away.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That's some sneaky stuff right there gixx, LMAO. I post up at 1:01AM fucking around about the hypoglycemia thing and asking for an explanation on elongating muscles. Then you go back at 1:08AM and edit your post to look like you had already answered those questions and make me look like I was badgering you, LOL. Then make a new post quoting it all so I further look like an ass, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Good shit, sneaky shit, but funny shit.

To address the EDITED part of your previous post, :D , I do believe that aggressive stretching does equate to bigger muscles by stretching out the sarcoplasm and by causing slightly more micro-damage than was already inflicted in the workout (this is assuming you do your aggressive stretching immediately after working the bodypart being stretched.)

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Origin and insertion points are fixed and do not change.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic