Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Between chest and back

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
I'm struggling to garden the upper obliques, the body part just below under the arms. Anyone got ideas thanks I advance

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I did pullovers regularly for a while during my early days of training. I stopped doing them after a couple of years or so when they were wrecking my shoulders and not seeming to "expand my ribcage" though. :D

It's probably more a matter of just sticking with the heavy basics for a long enough period of time to build a good foundation of muscle mass throughout the body.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
You looking to see or feel?
for see, wood choppers or other anti rotation.
for feel, standing overhead press, heavy and or high rep.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Nautilus Pullovers with open palms (no grip on bar) with a deep stretch at the top and a hard squeeze at full contraction. If you don't have access to a Nautilus, cross bench DB pullovers can be sub'ed in.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah, Nautilus pullover would probably be a good exercise to hit that muscle without putting too much possible strain on the shoulders.

I've also found that pullups and dips work the hell out of that region of the body (abs, serratus, intercostal, etc, etc.) - I've found that pullups are more than just a lat/bicep exercise, and dips hit more than just pecs/delts/tris. They do wonders for much of the entire upper body.

These two exercises combined with squats, deads, bb bent rows, overhead presses, some variety of bb chest press, and heavy standing calf raises will pretty much nail everything when trying to build the foundation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic