Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Best Yield: Chest / triceps Or Chest / biceps?

AeroSpaceEngineer

AeroSpaceEngineer

Sep 19, 2010
I've been training combined: chest / triceps.

But I feel that training chest too much force the triceps and get fatigued when training triceps after, they are already a bit worn and do not yield 100%.

Do you think adopting the combination chest / biceps and back / triceps, I could a higher yield?

Or otherwise, make the chest workout longer and use the triceps, is it natural that the results are better?

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I feel you on this. By the time I am done with chest I want to be done and my tri's are exhausted. Same goes with back days. Problem is, if you do chest and bi, then when do you do back since you can't follow up the next day since your bi's will be worn.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I've done both ways. With and without a dedicated arms day as well. Look at it this way... Chest/tris will provide a different stimuli than chest/bis. Eventually you adapt to the stimuli of one plan, so changing to the next plan will likely yield better results. Which is better? If I had to choose one, I would choose the one that feels right to my body at that point in time.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I have been training chest by itself for many years, while also training back by itself, delts / traps together by themselves on another day, and bis / tris together by themselves on yet another day for many years.

I also got good results from doing chest with bis, shoulders with tris, and back by itself on 3 separate days in the past. I did chest / shoulders / tris on one day and back / bis on another day many years ago as well.

A couple of things I think are important are to have at least 48 hours between "pushing" workouts - you stress the shoulders a great deal with presses, dips, etc done for chest / delts / tris and also use many of the same muscles. Same goes for back and bis - I would never work bis the day after heavy deads and rows, just as I would never do benches / inclines, military presses, and dips / closegrip bench on consecutive days. Perhaps some can do this and not be affected, but not me. Plus I've had shoulder issues, which make me cautious.

Also, I learned many years ago not to get too hung up on the "7 day" thing. If you find that you do better stretching your schedule out over more than 7 days, don't be afraid to do it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic