Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Best way to strip metadata from photos and video?

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Does anyone have a particular piece of software they like for stripping metadata from media? I'm sure I could find an app that does it, but I don't really want to wade through 20+ pages of search results to find what I'm looking for. I figure there's gotta be someone on here that does this. If you don't, you should.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Does anyone have a particular piece of software they like for stripping metadata from media? I'm sure I could find an app that does it, but I don't really want to wade through 20+ pages of search results to find what I'm looking for. I figure there's gotta be someone on here that does this. If you don't, you should.

For what kind of formats? I concur, ‘specially when posting photos versus using links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Right click on the photo and go to properties, Click on the details tab from there and there should be a link at the bottom (remove properties and Personal Information) That will open a box where you can --> Create a copy with all possible properties removed.

It will then save a copy with the identifying data removed.

P

plusone1

Mar 20, 2012
Right click on the photo and go to properties, Click on the details tab from there and there should be a link at the bottom (remove properties and Personal Information) That will open a box where you can --> Create a copy with all possible properties removed.

It will then save a copy with the identifying data removed.

Above is excellent advice. I would suggest one turn off location by default when taking photos and videos.

Phones editing can different depending on Android skin when we talking about android.

1. Open Gallery app on your phone.
  2. Tap the picture you want to remove location data from.
  3. Swipe up on the picture to pull up the picture's information. ...
  4. Tap Edit.
  5. Tap the red minus next to the location data to remove it.
  6. Tap Save.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Thanks guys. Glad to know there is a way to do this without having to install any new software on my PC. I always have location off unless I'm using Google Maps to get somewhere. It's just incredible to me how much info is kept on photos in addition to location data.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic