TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Looking good bro! Arms coming in nicely

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Looking good bro! Arms coming in nicely

Thanks, and while it seems my tris are pretty dominant I do little direct training on them so I've been trying to build my delts and lats to augment my rather narrow shoulders. Lats are my sore point right now and trying to get them to grow more

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks, and while it seems my tris are pretty dominant I do little direct training on them so I've been trying to build my delts and lats to augment my rather narrow shoulders. Lats are my sore point right now and trying to get them to grow more

Sounds like you know your body well. Your triceps must be one of your strengths. How's your grip when you bench? You triceps could have gained a lot from your bench if your grip is narrower. Isn't it great being able to look at a picture of yourself and pick it apart and see what you need to work on? I love this lifestyle brother

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Sounds like you know your body well. Your triceps must be one of your strengths. How's your grip when you bench? You triceps could have gained a lot from your bench if your grip is narrower. Isn't it great being able to look at a picture of yourself and pick it apart and see what you need to work on? I love this lifestyle brother

For bench I use a grip where my index finger is on the rings, so I might try a wider grip then but drop the weight to get used to the new grip. I have rather long arms as well so that gets to be a PITA sometimes.

Much of my bench work lately has been with dumbbells so able to press the 90lb db's with ease

Last edited:
IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
for bench I use a grip where my index finger is on the rings, so I might try a wider grip then, but drop the weight to get used to the new grip.

That will definitely take your triceps out of it and focus more on your chest. Since your triceps are pretty dominant already, changing your grip will probably balance things out with little tricep work. You'll build your chest up a lot widening your grip and has potential to build up the front delts more as well. Always good to try something different.

I think adjusting the weight lower is a good idea at first. You also look like you have longer arms, you won't have as far up to press using a wider grip either.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
That will definitely take your triceps out of it and focus more on your chest. Since your triceps are pretty dominant already, changing your grip will probably balance things out with little tricep work. You'll build your chest up a lot widening your grip and has potential to build up the front delts more as well. Always good to try something different.

I think adjusting the weight lower is a good idea at first. You also look like you have longer arms, you won't have as far up to press using a wider grip either.

Yep my arms are long and so are my legs as I'm just barely 5'10". Tomorrow will be my bench day so will play around some more with the grip width to find a better sweet spot.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Good work bro. I would recommend deadlifts for traps development.

StrongLyfe

StrongLyfe

Mr. Worxx
Aug 25, 2012
Good work bro. I would recommend deadlifts for traps development.

Thanks GS and I do them but can't go that heavy (365 is what I got now) due to lower back damage because of a fall but determined to push harder where i can. My long legs are another issue too so I might try sumo style deads.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic