Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Best oils for homebrewing?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have been using Ethyl Oleate for my homebrewing and I like it because it is light and goes through a small needle nicely.

But I have mild environmental allergies (mold, cats, trees, grass, etc) and am afraid I may have developed an allergy to Ethyl Oleate. For those of you paying attention, I wrote in another thread that I thought tren was causing my chronic hiccups, but I stopped tren for 3 months last fall and the hiccups did not go away, so my backup theory is that ethyl oleate may be triggering the hiccups.

So for someone who experiences allergies to a broad spectrum of things, whatoil is likely to be hypo-allergenic and would be a good choice for homebrewing?

I know a lot of people brew with grapeseed oil, but it is a lot thicker than Ethyl Oleate. Has anyone used olive oil?

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
If you start pinning olive oil you'll walk around smelling like an italian dinner!

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Sesame is the most widely used by the pharmaceutical because less reaction to it

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Olive oil has a very short shelf life and goes rancid just my .02 it is not a suitable oil for the production of AAS in oily solutions.

One of the most well balanced oils used in HG cGMP facilities is Arachis BP.

(Organon maybe the most well know that use this oil......... Arachis BP)

interesting fact is that Peach oil was one of the first carrier oils used in the USA, thinner than GSO and completely clear. GSO is superior in inflammatory properties but it will never stop a knot or pip from a painful compound so who really cares. Peach oil is also interesting and has a nice apperance. some don't like the darker green GSO so using peach oil or mixing the two is a nice option.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I actually just made some prop and I used walnut oil for the first time and it worked well.

P

plusone1

Mar 20, 2012
I have been using Ethyl Oleate for my homebrewing and I like it because it is light and goes through a small needle nicely.

But I have mild environmental allergies (mold, cats, trees, grass, etc) and am afraid I may have developed an allergy to Ethyl Oleate. For those of you paying attention, I wrote in another thread that I thought tren was causing my chronic hiccups, but I stopped tren for 3 months last fall and the hiccups did not go away, so my backup theory is that ethyl oleate may be triggering the hiccups.

So for someone who experiences allergies to a broad spectrum of things, whatoil is likely to be hypo-allergenic and would be a good choice for homebrewing?

I know a lot of people brew with grapeseed oil, but it is a lot thicker than Ethyl Oleate. Has anyone used olive oil?
MCT good but prefer Cotton seed oil.

I

IrishDan

Jun 30, 2023
Old thread I know but once we have selected our carrier oil of choice do we need to sterilize it?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You'll have to wait until morning. Most guys here were in bed after the early bird.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic