Best Mass-Builder For CHEST?

Which Made the Biggest Difference?

• Flat Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Incline Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Decline Presses (barbell / dumbbell)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cable Exercises (flyes, crossovers, etc.)

• Dips

• Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers

• Dumbbell Flyes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Something not listed here

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
D

discerniblevim

Nov 11, 2011
Have also add the use of chains on my bar exercise. It allows full range of motion with a weight you may not be able to handle well at the full negative, yet adds more weight in the working range (like a partial rep) to the full positive. Their great, continually inching up my bench weight.
Right now, each side of chains on the bar weighs a total of 20 lbs, and when in the negative, 15lbs is on the floor. So both chains together ad 40 lbs and remove 30 lbs in the full negative. Their hooked together with carabinos so I can adjust them quickly to work on incline, flat or decline bench and could change the weight with more chain links.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i will have to stick with the basics....barbell flat bench is geat for mass building....and also,barbell pullovers...most people use a dumbell for this movement but the barbell give a much better bite on the rib cage....dw..when performing the lift u keep your arms stright ...and lower barbell as far back as possible...u will feel the pull in your rib cage and a bigger rib cage means a much thicker and massive chess u will carry.dw

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I've heard that if you could only do one exercise for your chest, inclines would be it. My chest lags so I'm always trying to solve this riddle myself.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
flat presses for size... but damn does it need the other exercises to sculpt

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Agree with flat bench.. its obviously king. Other exersizes to add shape. Im unfortunately in the boat where my upper chest is very impressive and continues to get thicker, as well as my chest getting wider, but i cannot thicken my inner/lower chest for shit.. and yes, ive tried everything known to man.. genetics.. lol. Oh well, as i add size everywhere it will eventually thicken.. play the cards you are dealt ;)

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
I HATE my chest....I have no inner chest definition at all. When I flex my pecs the muscles move to the outside of the chest area leaving a "ditch" or "hole" right in the middle. It's very depressing because I have huge delts, traps and back. I'm not sure that I can work through it.

Same issue...............................

.....minus the delts, back and traps part.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Old thread, I Know...

DB Inclines and Smythe Bench have been my bread and butter for chest for years...

But one of my Favorite Chest Exercise was the Hammer Strength Wide Grip Bench. The Plate olded one. My Old gym was loaded with Hammer Strength Machines. Perfect for DC Training.

Benchingover500

Benchingover500

Jun 19, 2011
just make sure you work the hell out of it 2 or 3 days a week.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic