Rolanalon
What's New?

Best Brachialis exercises

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Re: Best Brachialis exercise

Well you ladies use the EASY Bar... I am going to continue to use the HARD bar when I work out!

And Yes Hammers and reverse curls... like they were sayin...

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011

I hardly work arms, but when I do, I lay back on an incline bench and do hammers. That stretches you out rather well.

tyciol

tyciol

Apr 8, 2011

Those curls are good.

Also, I imagine doing pull ups with a neutral or prone grip would also hit them in terms of compound. As would overhand rowing.

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
I find heavy deadlifts or shrugs do wonders for the forearms.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Rope pull ups. Toss the rope you would use for tricep presses over the top beam of a cable apparatus. Do pull ups alternating sides of the beam with your head.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Shoulder width Neutral grip chins and Rope curls with neutral grip. Gi lapel chins or a towel for those who do not own a Gi

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I really barely do direct arm work, but when i do, it's hammers all the way, i dont do them cross-body as you see some doing them, but keep my arm at the side, expieriment! run the rack, 21's and so on, they will respond accordingly.

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
About a year ago I started doing one arm tbar rows with a barbell stuck in the corner.I dont use straps just grab the bar close to the weight and do rows.I intended this to help my back but after a while I noticed my forearms took off like never before. Might be worth a try for you and it kills two birds with one stone.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
That's from not using straps as your weakness corrected itself . It's not the tbar it is the omission of straps . Plus the overload of one arm rows- almost like doing heavy hammer curls without straps or wraps People don't realize straps and wraps should be limited . As you hinder the growth if the assistance muscles you wrap and that includes wearing a belt . If you are injured or compete you then use them . When you work out your hands forearms suffer if you wrap . Over time they grow . Then again most people don't spend 30 years bodybuilding and can't see the changes as they expect shortcut everything . If they don't see things fast wah wah wine and cry like most of society . Sad state . Kudos to cook keep baking and broiling

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Whats the best brachialis exercises to work the Brachialis? I do Hammer Curls and reverse curls currently. Any other variations, techniques or exercises you would recommend? Im looking for the absolute best brachialis exercises known to man!

Patience and time doing what you do. Don't use wraps or straps - any pulling exercise back work indirectly but rely on grip don't worry if your hands get tired . Over time they adjust by getting bigger and strong .

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Whats the best brachialis exercises to work the Brachialis? I do Hammer Curls and reverse curls currently. Any other variations, techniques or exercises you would recommend? Im looking for the absolute best brachialis exercises known to man!

--------------------------------------------
I'll assume your referring to the brachialis and NOT the brachioradialis muscles because their insertion, function and the "optimal exercises" are quite different.

Suffice it to say the "best" brachialis exercises are those that ELIMINATE any shoulder motion. Doing this enables isolation of the Brachialis as a PURE ELBOW FLEXOR, since it ONLY crosses the elbow joint with attachments to the forearm and humerus!

(Since the two "biceps" tendons actually insert about the SHOULDER region, it actually functions as ELBOW and a SHOULDER FLEXOR)

For best results the humerus should be placed alongside and in line with the torso, where forearm movement is restricted to elbow flexion and extension only. Thus with the palm facing upward an attempt "to touch" the upper biceps region is made from full elbow extension to flexion.

Try looking up what are often referred to as "drag curls" to understand WTF I'm talking about :)

I no doubt some of the more experienced vets can describe the exercise better than myself.

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic