Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bernard Hopkins - Old Guys Rule

habanero

habanero

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
Anybody see the Hopkins v Pascal fight for the WBC light heavyweight belt? Great fight!! Probably the best Hopkins fight I've seen. At 46, Hopkins is the oldest man to legitimately win a title, since Foreman knocked out Moorer in 1994 to win the heavywieght title. Pascal, 28 yo, is a talented fighter and this was his 5th title defense, but I thought B-hop won the first fight also. It was a brawl and the fight got dirty a few times (headbutts, rabbit punches, thumbs in the eyes). It was intense and fun to watch -- awesome boxing.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I couldnt agree more habanero! B-HOP fought a smart fight and used great defense to beat Pascal. Definately one of his best performances.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Hopkins' head-movement made Pascal look like an unskilled bar brawler at times. Classic case of how a less-physically gifted older fighter can win convincingly by using experience and skill.

habanero

habanero

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
Yep, yep. The old man knows every boxing trick in the book and he schooled Pascal -- BTW, much respect to french/canadian champ. The referee, Ian John Lewis, was not a factor and let these guys fight, which was great for boxing. This was the same guy that let Klitschko beat Briggs into the hospital. There where two slips after punches that where technically knock downs and he didn't call standing 8 counts, which would have given Hopkins two 8-10 rounds. Kudos to the englishman -- no bullshit. And Kudos to Golden Boy for promoting a great fight !!! I can't wait to see Dawson v Hopkins.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
didnt get to see the fight had too work but Ive heard alot about it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic