Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Bench press Setup

hips

hips

Jan 8, 2012
Go ahead and critique. PoB has been working with me to make changes and they're working so far. Just looking for some more opinions of any. I press for maximal strength though, not pec hypertrophy.

Thanks peeps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I can't tell how your arch is in the tshirt...and didn't notice if you had pulled your shoulder blades in together (Bob being a powerlifter he gives tons of tips on maximal effort stuff)...but you seemed to be pressing fine, way outdoing my max LOL

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can't tell how your arch is in the tshirt...and didn't notice if you had pulled your shoulder blades in together (Bob being a powerlifter he gives tons of tips on maximal effort stuff)...but you seemed to be pressing fine, way outdoing my max LOL

She has worked up to about 2.5 to 3 inches of arch and we're slowly building that up. Trying to remind her that it's not supposed to be comfortable is often required. Shoulder blades I don't know for sure. I've told her and we practiced it, but I don't really know how to check that it's being done.

Also btw that's not me spotting her it's just a friend I'm training :)

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I squirm around a bit getting my shoulders tucked into the bench, but perhaps not everybody does LOL. Comfortable is out of the question on max lifts LOL...painful would be accurate tho

tanker_67

tanker_67

Aug 8, 2012
I value getting my shoulder blades ready for explosion by making sure that the angle of my wrists are right. Obviously I can't tell if you have it right from the video or if its even been covered in your training, but getting that wrist torque helps bring your back together and keeps your elbows in. I'm not an expert though. I have a 405 raw all natural clean bench, which isn't impressive, but The wrist thing has helped me lately to get my max up just that tiny bit to get personal bests.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic