RalfKelleh
What's New?

Bench press arch

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
350ish 1rm (about 2 months ago)
275 or so on working sets, 8-12 reps depending on how it is going that day.

I've been doing more reverse grip bench this past 8-10 months than regular bench. I will hit a good regular flat bench workout about once a month now. Other than that it is incline or reverse.

Nice work man.

Definitely shows in the photos you posted.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Wow, I went to bed waiting on a reply from Raidy Poo and I log in today and see this escalated into waaaaay more.

I missed it!

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Calling this a benchpress is like calling kipping pull-ups real pull-ups.

I definitely understand where you're coming from GS.

Its about using advantages:mechanical and technical, to get more work done.

Sooooo, if you arch your back, (your booty has to stay on the bench), you make a shorter distance to travel and increase your mechanical advantage. It allows more than JUST your chest to work for you. it adds in more shoulder, and triceps, even biceps. I know it sounds funny, but I've woken up the day after a bench press workout and my biceps were sore!

The same thing can go for pull ups, or kip ups. Think about this, by swinging, they get more leverage and carry their momentum. Sooooo, they can get more work done. Instead of being able to do maybe 4 pull ups, they can do maybe 10 with a technical approach?

The bench is the same way. A person might be able to do 200 flat back, no leg drive, and no setup. BUT, if they add in the setup, (their mechanical advantage), they might be able to get 225.

So I think the two are similar. Its all about approaching the lift, or movement with technique and a plan of attack.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Nice work man.

Definitely shows in the photos you posted.

Thanks. Im not happy though. My goal was to get to 405 by end of year, but not likely. I lost the drive somewhere between a McFlurry and Oreos. I seen your video on your bench recently, good job Turbs, keep killing it buddy.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Wow, I went to bed waiting on a reply from Raidy Poo and I log in today and see this escalated into waaaaay more.

I missed it!
you didnt miss nothing. Just a pillow fight between bros at a Halloween sleep over party. UHC was taking candy out of my bag when i was sleeping... damn bully.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks. Im not happy though. My goal was to get to 405 by end of year, but not likely. I lost the drive somewhere between a McFlurry and Oreos. I seen your video on your bench recently, good job Turbs, keep killing it buddy.

Thanks man.

My goal was to also get to 405 by the end of the year, but I don't know.

Dude, have you tried the new Pumpkin Oreos????

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
you didnt miss nothing. Just a pillow fight between bros at a Halloween sleep over party. UHC was taking candy out of my bag when i was sleeping... damn bully.

We'll have to egg his BMW.

T

TheSurgeon81

Aug 12, 2014
This looks stupid and potentially dangerous.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This looks stupid and potentially dangerous.

There's nothing stupid about adding pounds to a lift. It's actually a lot easier on the body than how bbers bench using a higher position for the bar to touch and flaring their elbows. This puts you in the best position possible to lift the heaviest weight.

One could say your statement is stupid and potentially dangerous..........

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic