Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
BenchDaddy_zpssi6v0ep3.gif

www.BenchDaddy.com

1_zpsuyvjugvl.png

http://benchdaddy.com/t/bench-daddy

2_zpsavdof85f.png

The Bench Daddy is a Bench Aid device that can be used to increase your bench press, Reduce stress on your shoulders, blast through sticking points, improve lockout strength and prepare your CNS for heavier loads.

Many of you have seen devices like this, but the Bench Daddy has been being used longer then any other brand out. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense why the Bench Daddy has so many upgrades or advantages over other brands. I have owned and used the Titan Super Ram and Regular Ram, Red and Blue Slingshots. The Bench Daddy out shines them all with ease. The Material, Quality and Craftsmanship is much better.

The moment you hold one you feel and see the deffience instantly. The first thing you will notice is the openings or Sleeves of the Bench Daddy. The the stitching in the Middle. Makes it Easier to get on and makes getting the right size easier as well. With the others Designs the Sleeves are smaller and if you have Big Arms for your weight or Big Forearms. You have to get a Size up. Which gives you more material in the middle and Less stretch / Less Power from the Device. With the Bench Daddy that is a non-issue. The Benefits or Advantages don't stop with just Superior Materials or The Simple Sleeve Design.

Read More at
http://ramrodreviews.com/benchdaddy

3_zps4c572wp9.png

4_zpsjz0qlkun.png

Read More at
http://ramrodreviews.com/benchdaddy

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
These are 100x better than the slingshots......

but all of these beat up shoulders... it's fun to handle extra weights but a loose old single ply shirt would give a little less carryover and actually protect your shoulders and pecs.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Porky, I'd like to hear how these beat up the shoulders. I have a bad shoulder and use the slingshot as an overload tool but if this is better I'll definitely give it a try sooner rather then later.

Seeing as I don't train with a team, I'm leary of trying to use a shirt... even if it's loose. With work, school, and family I don't have time to train with a team but I make sure I train.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Porky, I'd like to hear how these beat up the shoulders. I have a bad shoulder and use the slingshot as an overload tool but if this is better I'll definitely give it a try sooner rather then later.

Seeing as I don't train with a team, I'm leary of trying to use a shirt... even if it's loose. With work, school, and family I don't have time to train with a team but I make sure I train.

My LOOSE "raw" shirt I can pull on myself and touch easily with 135.... It gives compression and takes pressure off of my shoulders.

As you go to bench, the slingshot is helping you move more weight with no added stability or shoulder support. It's pulling your elbows in ( similar to the motion of tucking your elbows in a bench shirt) doing the opposite of what all of your rear delts and upper back are trying to do to give you a big, stable bench press.

To overload with a bad shoulder ( I wouldn't, but if you want to) I'd rather have someone bench to boards and limit the range of motion to keep the shoulders happy. Or, just use reverse bands in a power rack for a press or floor press.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
My LOOSE "raw" shirt I can pull on myself and touch easily with 135.... It gives compression and takes pressure off of my shoulders.

As you go to bench, the slingshot is helping you move more weight with no added stability or shoulder support. It's pulling your elbows in ( similar to the motion of tucking your elbows in a bench shirt) doing the opposite of what all of your rear delts and upper back are trying to do to give you a big, stable bench press.

To overload with a bad shoulder ( I wouldn't, but if you want to) I'd rather have someone bench to boards and limit the range of motion to keep the shoulders happy. Or, just use reverse bands in a power rack for a press or floor press.

I have boards but haven't used them in quite sometime. I'll have to break them out again. I could possibly "rig" my comp bench to be able to perform reverse band benching now that I think about it and I'm a BIG fan of reverse band. I'll see if I can get that to work, safely, and if I can I'll definitely do that.

The great news is my gym is moving to a new spot that'll be 27k space with 3k designated to PLing and Oly lifting. I'm f'n elated about that.

StriKing_Cobra

StriKing_Cobra

Trybal T&A Conveyor
Nov 30, 2016
Love my Slingshots but I tried the Bench Daddy and it is easier to get on and off. Felt a little more stable with it as well. I can agree that it doesn't protect the shoulders as well as a shirt but my advice is if you are dealing with any shoulder issues, you probably should back off the weight regardless of using a slingshot device or bench shirt. I've trained through some pretty bad bouts of shoulder tendinitis with the help of the slingshot, I just knew my limits with it. If i'm shirting up, its because i'm going heavy, so I don't really choose that route when training through pain. Personal Pref though

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I have boards but haven't used them in quite sometime. I'll have to break them out again. I could possibly "rig" my comp bench to be able to perform reverse band benching now that I think about it and I'm a BIG fan of reverse band. I'll see if I can get that to work, safely, and if I can I'll definitely do that.

The great news is my gym is moving to a new spot that'll be 27k space with 3k designated to PLing and Oly lifting. I'm f'n elated about that.

Congrats on the new space........ if you can, rig the bands so they're doubled over something like a safety pin so that they load like crazy at the bottom but you're completely out of them by the halfway point or so. It's brutal but really effective.

Cobra- I'm the same way with my competition shirts, I'm talking about something about as supportive as my old Frantz poly. Nothing like my comp shirts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic