Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Belt during training?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I do push against the belt but I have a Very small waist for my chest size so I have to pull that belt in pretty tight to even push against it. I know what you are saying and see people using it without pushing against it.
My waists about 27-28" verses my chest at 41"ish so the wide belt I use I have to cinch it in tight but then I push my belly out against it.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
You should be pushing out against the belt (trying to make yourself fat). If the belt is so tight that you're unable to push against it (get belly air) then you're actually not using it correctly and getting nearly the benefit from it.

This ..........

Went to a commercial gym the other day to train with a buddy. I watched a guy where his belt on legs extensions, seated leg curls and standing calf raises...... smh still

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
You should be pushing out against the belt (trying to make yourself fat). If the belt is so tight that you're unable to push against it (get belly air) then you're actually not using it correctly and getting nearly the benefit from it.

Hahaha.......back in the late 90's I got into an argument with Paul Chek over that very same thing. He claimed me and Dave Tate were dump tucks and were doing it all wrong by forcing the abs into the belt. He claimed we should be sucking the navel into the spine. Now imagine doing that and trying to squat heavy weight?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic