Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Belly Grew Overnight at 53

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Some people have issues with whey protein powders. If you take this, did something change? Like different brand or maybe the brand changed. Or maybe age made you sensitive to it?

W

Walsht01

May 7, 2015
Dexamethasone can tricky. It can mobilize fat. Moon face & buffalo hump are two issues. It also can mess with blood sugar. Are u taking tablets or is it being injected into your joints?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I did start an ice cream habit, but its not fat like you said, its extreme bloating, tight like a drum. I think I should try modifying my diet. Any other ideas?

I think there's probably your answer. Ice cream...bloating.

B

BTx

Dec 1, 2017
Im 53 myself and having a bloated stomach is different from gaining actual fat mass around your stomach, since bloating is temporary and mostly caused by air becoming stuck around your abdomen, making it push outward like your a fat fuck. But dont just ignore it.
In most cases, stomach bloating isn’t anything to be alarmed about. It can usually be cleared up by making some simple changes to your diet and routine, although thats not always true.. There is a small chance of it being something more serious. Should disappear in a short amount of time. From your avatar you obviously are in good shape. Ill bet it goes away as fast as it came.The holidays just passed.Did you eat more garbage than usual?? Also stay away from your friends house if they are power lifters. Their like your old Italian grandmother who tells you to just EAT,EAT its good for you. LOL
More serious like what? just wondering

A few reasons, Diet, Ab work, and/or the lack of The Transverse Abdominal Work, which is why many people who chase great Abs, have protruding stomachs. When you inhale and flex, Abs/Stomach looks great, when not, people look a few months pregnant. I see this all the time with gyms goers. Your problem seems to point to the layer of FAT laying under your Abs.
This could be me. As the OP I have similar bloating, although higher BF% (around 10,6%) and half his age. I'll up the abs workout focusing on the TA area and see what happens.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread or anything but have to thank the good info.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
More serious like what? just wondering

This could be me. As the OP I have similar bloating, although higher BF% (around 10,6%) and half his age. I'll up the abs workout focusing on the TA area and see what happens.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread or anything but have to thank the good info.

If you have issues with your Liver(Liver disease) that will cause a buildup of fluid in your abdomen.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
being 56 yrs old I have the same issue. I think for some reason as you get older the fat starts to sit under the ab muscles instead of over them. I do see a difference in the protrusion when eating to much junk vs eating clean. I think maybe we get fooled when or guts protrude and there is no fat accumulation to pinch and the fat calipers show the same body fat while its hiding under the abs. so we think its anything but bad diet etc etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic