Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Been almost 3 years with an IF (intermittent fasting) lifestyle

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It did not take me very long to adjust, but I do find that sipping on coffee helps me. You could always go decaf also. I think just the act of drinking it helps your brain. It is not like chugging water. You kind of sip and enjoy coffee and I think it satisfies a part of the brain.

Yep, I get similar effects when I drink coffee or tea....I can't drink it all day tho....However, it's better than water in regards to satiety....

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I love IF and gave been doing it with my wife for a few years MOSTLY as we do on occasion if travelling or on a special holiday have breakfast or brunch on a veranda somewhere.
It makes it MUCH easier to stay lean year round and when we want something as a treat we just plan ahead a bit and have it instead of other things, having a Super Sexy Fitness model as a wife keeps a mans shit in check I assure you :cool::(
:oops:
There is this really huge and ripped black actor named Terry Crews and his thoughts are similar to mine about IF, once the body is done with digesting etc it is free to do alot of other things like cellular repair and cleaning out/up the system right or wrong it seems to be true IE; the better values in Macs bloodwork and things like that.
All in all I doubt I will ever not be primarily and IF practitioner for the rest of my life.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
IF for many, is optimized by skipping dinner rather than the other way around. Finishing total daily consumption early is most in sync with our circadian system. Digestion also generally tends to be better stimulated during active hours rather than later hours of inactivity….. sleeping while full.
Most will experience their best results ending consumption early. Fasting hours are easier as well while sleeping them away.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
There is this really huge and ripped black actor named Terry Crews and his thoughts are similar to mine about IF, once the body is done with digesting etc it is free to do alot of other things like cellular repair and cleaning out/up the system right or wrong it seems to be true IE; the better values in Macs bloodwork and things like that.

This sounds good in theory....It makes sense....Is there any data to back it?.....

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
IF for many, is optimized by skipping dinner rather than the other way around. Finishing total daily consumption early is most in sync with our circadian system. Digestion also generally tends to be better stimulated during active hours rather than later hours of inactivity….. sleeping while full.
Most will experience their best results ending consumption early. Fasting hours are easier as well while sleeping them away.

I’m a beer drinker. I have 2-3 good beers 3-4 days a week, so I can’t do morning/lunch feeding sessions, though I’m intrigued to try it out on the days that I’m not planning on cracking a cold one.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Personally, IF doesn't well for me. Yes, I've tried it but I get brain fog and no it doesn't clear up and I can't perform nearly as well as when I'm eating my 5-6 meals a day.

If it works for you, that's great.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
As far as I'm concerned intermittent fasting is the easiest diet to follow. I only eat between noon and 8:00 p.m. . I've gone on and off of it but it's the easiest to stick to and as soon as I'm on it within a couple of weeks I drop body fat very very quickly. If I eat in the morning no matter what it is I'm starving all day and my calorie intake is so much higher. Some days are harder than others to wait until noon or so to eat but then if I make good choices I feel a lot better. Less bloating, less fat, and overall I feel better.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm not a big sweets fan like you luckily, but would rather have an awesome big ass "dinner" than the usual 3 - 6 meals a day. Having a hard time getting past the 1 - 2pm mark and don't want to add anymore caffeine in, any tricks you are using @macgyver ?

Hey LK, have you ever tried the flavored seltzer waters? Some love them, and some hate them. My thought is that the carbonation may help you feel more "full" during the tough times during the day. I do diet soda, but I know it's not very good for me. Oh well...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hey LK, have you ever tried the flavored seltzer waters? Some love them, and some hate them. My thought is that the carbonation may help you feel more "full" during the tough times during the day. I do diet soda, but I know it's not very good for me. Oh well...
Been doing some Crystal Light lemonade in a gallon of water. You can only feel so full on water though. Picked up some chocolate peanut butter cup coffee, been doing the trick!

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Do you ever have a set plan on food or a decent idea?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic