Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Been a while. Getting skinny again and posing a little....

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Oh very sexy. Wheels coming up.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Have always admired your physique MacGyver! Looking great! I've also dropped back on my lifting intensity that last year or so, as I felt that I was always toying with my injury thresholds, and recovering from those injuries was taking longer every time! I still try to lift in a disciplined fashion, but will never impress the big dogs in the gym anymore... oh well.

I'm guessing with your handle, that you've got a Timex watch, a paperclip, and a stick of gum in your gymbag, and if needed you could use those items construct an awesome tool to help you escape through a sixth story window if the gym caught on fire.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
WOW....thanks guys. Just want to say something. Due to the more private nature of this forum, it is easy to forget that there are some guys on here who really have incredible physiques. I am reminded of this when I see a brother post up a pic and I think...."holy sh!t...that dude has a great build!". I remember thinking that when I saw Tommyguns pic.

I was thankful to be introduced to this forum. I cant tell you the amount that it has helped me. Many of us remember SHINE, and for good reason. He really helped me a tremendous amount and gave me guidance that still sticks with me today. There are so many vets on here that lent their experience to help me out along the way.

In the end, I realized I could fulfill my goals. And not to forget we all come here with different ones. Mine are not to be the biggest or strongest guy. I just wanted to be the best "me" while thinking of general health and keeping my physique for many years to come. I am thankful to those that suggested to a guy with my goals at my age "less can indeed be more". Several longtime vets shared their similar experiences and how now later in life, they take a much more conservative approach. For that I am extremely grateful.

I am now approaching my mid 40's and after being out of the gym for a decade, in 5 years I am bigger and stronger than I ever was in my 20's. For other guys in their 40's it is indeed possible. (and in some ways easier since I am more disciplined now than when young)

FWIW....this was what I looked like after being out for as long as I was. (actually this is after I dropped the first 10lbs and I thought I looked good so I snapped a pic ;) ) Never too late!

Thanks for the support guys! I am going to keep going with the cut and maybe post up a better one when I am getting closer.

09-5-16012_zpsdaece12b3_zps87728ec43_zps5a3fe0ac.jpg

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Solid all the way around. Don't really see any lagging body parts. You look great nicely done.

I'm an older body builder gh is my friend.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Solid all the way around. Don't really see any lagging body parts. You look great nicely done.

I'm an older body builder gh is my friend.

Thanks man! I do have some "weak' parts. My calves suck really bad. I was cursed with high attachments. (but I have managed to bring them up some). I also am built with a wider waist. Even when lean, my waist never drops much below 32. From the front it stands out. I have good back development though (probably my best bodypart) and that hides it from the back shots.

I do think I could 'step on stage' (and be passable) if I committed to the conditioning....but I am honest enough with myself to know that I am not "built" to be a bodybuilder. (At least aesthetics wise). Those characteristics however have blessed me with good overall strength. In the end, we cant change our genes. I am just happy trying to improve myself.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on GH. Do you take it more as 'anti-aging' or bodybuilding type doses? What type of protocols do you practice and what do you feel the positives have been? Any negatives? And how long to see any changes?. Thanks man!

These were a few pics I shot this past fall that give a better idea of overall balance (good and bad)
f27b0488-f9a3-4802-ad77-52832b2a8a5f_zpsqyujbfcx.jpg

f72b5a0a-bb86-46c6-b425-e7cf45f7589d_zpsse2jgdpj.jpg

348616dd-39c9-44d1-9ff6-1fb0fac8b6ad_zps8ihloc57.jpg

00244105-b74f-450c-a906-00e12771b0f2_zpsrpc8p5wj.jpg

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I like GH but I don't take doses that would be anabolic. I think about 2.5 IUs per day is sufficient to give you some "slop" in your diet while staying lean. I think it gives me a bit more fullness in my muscle.

i think you can begin noticing some benefits after about a month or so. Pharm grade GH is great but I wouldn't pay 3x more for it IMO. Generic from someone reputable will do you just fine.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Congrats with all that you have achieved strength wise, looking great at the moment!

Interested to see what happens with your progress from here on in, nice work.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
For someone "not built to be a bodybuilder" you've done a hell of a job. Especially that last pic, you look like a bodybuilder to me. I think you can be confident that you are far beyond 99% of men your age.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Small cutting update. I am two months into dropping weight now. Guessing I have dropped below 200 by now. I stopped stepping on the scale at this point as it is a mind fuk in many ways. That makes me down over 20lbs from my Mid Dec weight.

I am in the heart of that feeling like a weak kitten stage. Those times you look in the mirror and feel you are withering away.

Add to this I celebrated another birthday. Which is a good thing, but in the back of your head, sometimes you wonder how crazy you are to still be hammering away
wink.gif
. (truth is I still feel young mostly except when I get injured
wink.gif
)

Today I felt especially crappy in the gym and the cutting demons were attacking my brain hard. I did two good working sets and then decided I had to do something different. Only choice I had was to 'man up' and put a little weight on the bar and make sure I have not totally lost it. For not training heavy in almost 1 1/2 years and sitting pretty depleted at almost 2 months into dieting, I am comfortable that I have not lost too much. Nothing earth shattering, but it does make me feel a little better mentally. I dont feel like too big a puss at least
cheesy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
Hope your had a great Birthday and great lift. I've always been a fan and much respect!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hope your had a great Birthday and great lift. I've always been a fan and much respect!

Thanks Kimm!

Feels good to be healthy and still hitting the weights. I am over the rush to "get back"...and finding my way to this just being another part of my life. Things are good.

Tomorrow is my annual physical. At least my GP doesnt call me obeese ;)

I always try not to workout too hard before bloodwork. Heavy training throws off liver values significantly. Had a heavy dead session a day before my physical 3 years ago and my liver values came back at 3x the "normal"!. I did not get in to see my regular guy and the NP just did the regular tests whereas my GP tested GGT as well to rule out liver issues with elevated enzymes from heavy training. Anyway....I rested for 5 days and came back and tested right in the mid range after resting and they canceled my referral for hepatitis ;-). Now the NP always know to run GGT as well since I dont like taking breaks from training.

I take tons of pics,not many of the legs. Took this in the gym tonight. Still cutting.....

2016-02-18%2020.19_zpsgk81hyvi.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic