6.99 tri-tip
12.99 porterhouse
6.99 per 8 oz Fillet w bacon

up some from a year ago but not double.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
These stacks use to be $45. Now these average $70+.

Three pieces of Ribeye. Cost per steak: $24.

I can afford to eat like this. What about the masses?

View attachment 13277
That's some nice marbling there, but $25.99 is a little steep.

My grocery store are doing about $10 top sirlion and about $15 for average ribeye and porter house.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I am buying a grass fed Renegade blend with 10% liver and 5% beef heart mixed in with the ground beef around $8.50 per pound from a farm in Minnesota.

I also get grass fed ground beef around $4.50 per pound from sams club.
Do you like the taste of grass fed? I've tried it a couple times and can't get over the taste. Last time I had it I had to soak it in buttermilk which actually made it worse, go figure.

However at that price you got it for, I might just suck it up, lol.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Why the hell would anyone pay those prices? I normally buy half a cow with my son. Works out to less than $3 a pound. I fill that out with some from Food Lion and Sam's club. I get 16oz ribeyes and 12-14oz new york strips for $5-6 most of the time.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Why the hell would anyone pay those prices? I normally buy half a cow with my son. Works out to less than $3 a pound. I fill that out with some from Food Lion and Sam's club. I get 16oz ribeyes and 12-14oz new york strips for $5-6 most of the time.
No clue. Even the local meat vendor who drives around the neighborhood selling steaks out of his freezer truck is not asking for those prices. He is asking pretty much what you are paying, $5-6 a lbs.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Guga on youtube... check that guy out for Steak Ideas.. because a life without some steak is no life at all.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Average is $12 lbs+- but on sale I can get ribeyes for $8 lbs. NY strips cheaper even though they are not as good I like them.

I got half a cow like GF. WAY cheaper than buying it piece meal. My prob is I do not have a big freezer and we have the meat at my father in laws place 40 minutes away. Got to get a deep freeze.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I agree that if you have the connections and the freezer space buying a full or half beef is the best way to go $ per. I’ve done it plenty of times. Same with elk meat and wildlife. The problem for me is I am
Picky. I want certain cuts only and top quality straight from behind the Hartar House glass counter. So I pay double for taste and convenience.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Do you like the taste of grass fed? I've tried it a couple times and can't get over the taste. Last time I had it I had to soak it in buttermilk which actually made it worse, go figure.

However at that price you got it for, I might just suck it up, lol.
Yes knowing its a healthier animal I guess makes it taste better for me :cool:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic