pbtom
What's New?

Beaches Resort

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anybody been to one with there kids? Was it worth the $5K/wk? I've been to a few Sandles and I thought they were great, but I felt like I was on a week long bender trying to get the most for my money with food and drink. Obviously can't do that with the kids around, but is there enough for them to do to make it worthwhile?
There are 2 in Jamaica and one in Turks and Caico's, used to be one in the Bahamas but not there any longer. Jamaica is the easier destination, just looking for opinions.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Have you considered cruising? I actually prefer these because I enjoy visiting multiple destinations plus it's a bargain when room and food is all included. Royal Caribbean offers fair amount of entertain for both adult and kids.. probably moreso than any other cruise line. Just an idea...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
It’s rough vacationing with kids. Sity’s idea is a good option to consider. My wife and I went on a cruise awhile back using Carnival. We went on our own, but noticed many families with kids on board. They had a lot of activities for/with kids, a water playground, kids club, etc. I recommend checking it out.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Went on a cruise, despised it, room was tiny and I couldn't get away from the same people I didn't want to be near all week. Disney Cruise, the mouse sent it in for every nickle and dime too. I'm not cheap and don't mind paying for things, I hate when I feel like I am being ripped off.

Friends of ours went to Beaches and she saw this pics so this planted the seed. It's freaking expensive, add plane tickets on top and you are talking $7K, just want to make sure it's worth it before pulling the trigger.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Mouse? Glad MW finally found a job that pays and allows him to do what he likes best.....

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Why don't you give it a try and post the whole thing to U tube to offset the cost? My daughter is constantly watching other people on vacation since we never go.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Not a fan of all inclusive vacations, actually I avoid them. Find a 5 star hotel and enjoy what they have to offer, at least u get to control what u eat, drink, activities.....All 5 star resorts have fun activities planned out without leaving u feeling pressured....Find a Ritz Carlton

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Wherever you plan on going search for it on TripAdvisor. They have unbiased reviews from tons of people that actually went to the places. Spent a lot of time researching there before we booked our trip to Punta Cana recently.

Also check online for complete packages that include airfare. Cheapest way to go.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Not a fan of all inclusive vacations, actually I avoid them. Find a 5 star hotel and enjoy what they have to offer, at least u get to control what u eat, drink, activities.....All 5 star resorts have fun activities planned out without leaving u feeling pressured....Find a Ritz Carlton
I can use my Marriott points at a Ritz now, have a couple hundred thousand, I should check that out.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Damn, Ritz, PR is down from hurricanes. St. Thomas is down from a hurricane. Aruba is open, not one of my favorite islands though.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Granted this is on the other side of the world, but the Aulani resort in Hawaii was a favorite for my family members and the kids.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic