Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

BCAA causing diarrhea

S

sara13

Sep 17, 2013
Has anyone experienced diarrhea when taking bcaa in the am ? I am having severe diarrhea but I haven't found anything linking diarrhea with bcaa thanks in advance

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
hmmmmm, I don't take them but have in the past with no issues and have never heard of this. Could there be something else that has changed? How long has it been going on?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I would like to know what brand. How many grams are you taking in a serving. How are you mixing it?

Some powders are hard on the digestive tract. For me, higher doses of creatine monohydrate gives me trouble.

What is your reasoning for taking bcaa in the morning? Are you doing fasted cardio?

S

sara13

Sep 17, 2013
Bpi bcaa don't have the exact name with me I started drinking it in the am to hold my fast until 10-11 am before I eat during normworking hours but I'm going to stop just drink my coffee normally I have it during my workout and no problems one scoop only... Just had some pediatlyte and tums I'm hungry but I won't eat take an off day from working out

B

bigdave1967

Nov 18, 2011
A lot of times these side effects are dosage-related. A trainer at my gym would take liquid L-Carnitine before doing cardio, and if she measured out two tablespoons she was fine, but if she tried to "guesstimate" and just shotgun it straight from the bottle she'd end up having the shits all day long.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I get that sometimes on oral AAS not saying your taking that but something in it is not agreeing with you. I would start taking Acidophilus everyday see if that helps

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Bpi bcaa don't have the exact name with me I started drinking it in the am to hold my fast until 10-11 am before I eat during normworking hours but I'm going to stop just drink my coffee normally I have it during my workout and no problems one scoop only... Just had some pediatlyte and tums I'm hungry but I won't eat take an off day from working out 

I just looked up your product. It's got more than bcaas. It also has CLA and Agmatine, whatever that is. CLA is a fatty acid and might be compounding your problem although I've never heard of it causing issues. Hard to say... My advice would be to try 1/2 a serving and make sure you stir that sucker really well. Undesolved powder is no good on an empty stomach. If you still have problems I would try a more basic formula. I like scivation Xtend.

S

sara13

Sep 17, 2013
Yes that's it! I knew it had other ingredients but it doesn't bother me when I'm working out in the evening just in the am which I'll knock out but if it doesn't work I'll switch to that one you just said sxtnd thanks!

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
It has happened to me too. Only when I take it preworkout first thing in the morning. I use the scivation brand. Now I just have my coffee mixed into vanilla whey isolate instead.Tastes like a cappuccino. It works fine. I think the aminos run right through you on a completely empty stomach.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I just looked up your product. It's got more than bcaas. It also has CLA and Agmatine, whatever that is. CLA is a fatty acid and might be compounding your problem although I've never heard of it causing issues. Hard to say... My advice would be to try 1/2 a serving and make sure you stir that sucker really well. Undesolved powder is no good on an empty stomach. If you still have problems I would try a more basic formula. I like scivation Xtend.

Agmatine is supposed to prevent nitric oxide breakdown. I use the USP labs Agmatine pre-workout and I actually get pumps. That's pretty rare for my type of training.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Agmatine is supposed to prevent nitric oxide breakdown. I use the USP labs Agmatine pre-workout and I actually get pumps. That's pretty rare for my type of training.

Indeed getting a pump from sitting on the couch eating chips is VERY rare=))=))

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic