Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

BB training yea around ?

J

Jhos

Nov 14, 2010
I just got done with a show last week and did descent for a first timer. I want to gain another 10 - 15 lbs of muscle for the same show next year if possible. I wanna know how BB train year around
Do they start bulking right after the show?
Stay lean then bulk a few months down the road?

Im getting off cycle in a week and prolly back on in september. I gained a lot of size using slin and peptides which I can do now if I started bulking for next year

Should I wait to bulk for that or start now?

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
If you're coming off a cycle, you're probably not going to be building too well right now. Had you started right back up after the show on a bulk cycle it would have been great with your bodyfat low and just depleted overall it's like a sponge pulling in all those nutrients...but when you come off, you lose it and would have to do another bulk anyway closer to next year's show. I don't stay on year round either and just choose to take the first 6 or so weeks out of the 13 weeks I gear up for a competition and use those 6 weeks to bulk, and then cut into the show.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Pro BBers actually take a few months off from training altogether. The rest of us do either one of two things right after a show. 1. Stay lean so you do not suffer a dramatic rebound or 2. Lean bulk for a short period of 6-8 weeks and adjust from there. Right after a show your body is primed for growth due to insulin having become desensitized, so...you can add some serious size. However, you have to monitor yourself to keep from becoming a whale after a month or two when you resensitize to all the carbs your wolfing down. I say eat, you earned it!

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic