Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Banks

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Need to choose a local bank. I've been with Navy Federal Credit Union for almost 20 years and now I'm 45 minutes from the closest branch. So were shopping for a local branch that is nationwide and taking opinions. Choices are:

Chase
Wells Fargo
Citibank

Which do you like and who have you had bad experiences with

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
My longest run with a bank was CHASE bank: 12 years. I think you'll be happy with CHASE.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Can I ask why do you need a local bank? 99% of banking is electronic these days. None of the banks you named are going to be anywhere close to nfcu as far as customer service. If you really need that local feel, look for a true local bank or cu.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Not replacing NFCU. It's by far the best credit union around. I just want a local bank that I can walk into and cash a check, get a cashiers check, etc.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Not replacing NFCU. It's by far the best credit union around. I just want a local bank that I can walk into and cash a check, get a cashiers check, etc.

If your looking for a bank, Chase is a solid choice. Customer service is on point and they cover a wide variety of services.

That said, I left chase because their savings account annual interest rate was a joke. Horrible! A credit union savings interest/money market is much better. So much so that’s there’s no comparison.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010

In that case just go with whatever has a counter in your local grocery store for convenience and open whatever their "free" checking account is.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Need to choose a local bank. I've been with Navy Federal Credit Union for almost 20 years and now I'm 45 minutes from the closest branch. So were shopping for a local branch that is nationwide and taking opinions. Choices are:

Chase
Wells Fargo
Citibank

I stick with my Credit Union. Banks are notorious for blind charges, especially Wells Fargo.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I stick with my Credit Union. Banks are notorious for blind charges, especially Wells Fargo.
Agreed fuck Wells Fargo. When I owned a business I banked with them for business purposes... Eff that noise.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Wells Fargo is the last place I would EVER bank again,they burned me in 2010 on a Jumbo loan they held.
Fuck em, there surely is a locally owned bank near you, rather than a corporate shit show where the Execs are robbing the investors as fast as they can.
Look around......my local bank AND credit union call me Sir when I walk in and treat me with dignity and respect.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

Chase
Wells Fargo
Citibank

I've done business with them all and hate them all... but... if you're just looking to cash checks and such, it really doesn't matter.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Credit Unions typically offer the best rates.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic