Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

balancing working, being a mom and life with working out.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Some great points being made in here... including the dickhead comment lolz. I think the bottom line is that each person MAKES TIME for whatever is IMPORTANT to them.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Learning from a young age is the way it's done. I never had any junk food growing up unless it was a special occasion and I think I'm so much better for it. Kids learn lots of things when they are young....at that age, everything sticks, even the bad. Teach them respect, and teach them to be active. You don't have to use the words slim or in shape....but ACTIVE is a good word

Great original post ATW :) I think it's hard for a lot of people, esoecially single moms to find time to work out. A lot of them are worry warts and always have their kids on the brain. A lot of gyms nowadays have daycare centers which can be utilized at no extra cost. But, eventually you're kids get too old for that so you bring them to the gym with you :) Kids look up to their parents and want to be just like them....until they become a teenager and realize their parents are "uncool" lol. I'm gonna make sure I talk to my kids often when they are young and make sure (as best I can) that I'm not just raising them, but also setting a good example. The parents who try to be "friends" with their kids often let them off too easy. The parents who are drill sargeant-like instill fear into their kids which could ruin their early adulthood. I'm sure it's harder than it sounds to come up with some semblance of balance. In a few years I'm sure I'll find out just how hard it really is :)....until then, I'll just sit back and watch you guys, lol

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Learning from a young age is the way it's done. I never had any junk food growing up unless it was a special occasion and I think I'm so much better for it. Kids learn lots of things when they are young....at that age, everything sticks, even the bad. Teach them respect, and teach them to be active. You don't have to use the words slim or in shape....but ACTIVE is a good word

Great original post ATW :) I think it's hard for a lot of people, esoecially single moms to find time to work out. A lot of them are worry warts and always have their kids on the brain. A lot of gyms nowadays have daycare centers which can be utilized at no extra cost. But, eventually you're kids get too old for that so you bring them to the gym with you :) Kids look up to their parents and want to be just like them....until they become a teenager and realize their parents are "uncool" lol. I'm gonna make sure I talk to my kids often when they are young and make sure (as best I can) that I'm not just raising them, but also setting a good example. The parents who try to be "friends" with their kids often let them off too easy. The parents who are drill sargeant-like instill fear into their kids which could ruin their early adulthood. I'm sure it's harder than it sounds to come up with some semblance of balance. In a few years I'm sure I'll find out just how hard it really is :)....until then, I'll just sit back and watch you guys, lol

great thoughts GS. i always appreciate your insight.

i do think that many of these things are taught or learned by watching ones parents. we didnt have junk food either but i will say that it didnt stop my sisters or i from become junk food aholics as soon as we were old enough to buy our own. i think the difference being that we didnt have junk food because we didnt have much money so none was wasted on stuff like that. i try to teach the monchers about things that are healthy and not healthy and hope that that will help them make better choices when the choice is truly theirs to make.

and you thoughts on raising your kids and not being their friend or their drill sargeant, right on!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
You all are much greater writers than I am. I agree though it is just an excuse that people use.If they really want it they will go for it.I often have 12 hour days and go train then i go grocery shopping come home help with homework and clean up.Days I dont train i come home cook dinner go do cardio then clean up and help with homework.

To thine own self be true :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks Ms. W and ATW for the advice :) Much appreciated... And you get lots of respect from me for your abilities to be great moms and in such great shape...

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Why is a thread from 2011 showing up in the "New Posts" section? Is something wrong with my computer or the forum?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic