Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Bad news injury (Shoulder/bicep)

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Yeah this is gonna suck. Mentally Im ready. I was trying to be optimistic but I also have to be realistic. I'll be in a lot of pain and recovery might take a while because I'm no spring chicken. Looks like I'm going under the knife in 7 days.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Update, so I thought everything was going good. Didnt take any pain meds until a few days ago. Went to see the doc today to remove my sutures and found out I have an infection. He approved me for another month off from work. I dont like sitting home. We'll see how it goes.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Update, so I thought everything was going good. Didnt take any pain meds until a few days ago. Went to see the doc today to remove my sutures and found out I have an infection. He approved me for another month off from work. I dont like sitting home. We'll see how it goes.

Oh no! Well, there are meds for infections that can kick its butt. Hope it heals fast man.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
What else did he do besides the extra month off? Other than the infection, were you healing enough he could still just remove the sutures or did he have to replace the sutures? Heavy course of antibiotics too I guess?

All you guys and your shoulder surgeries make me feel like I'm looking into my future, and I don't like what I see. Good luck with your postponed recovery.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
What else did he do besides the extra month off? Other than the infection, were you healing enough he could still just remove the sutures or did he have to replace the sutures? Heavy course of antibiotics too I guess?

All you guys and your shoulder surgeries make me feel like I'm looking into my future, and I don't like what I see. Good luck with your postponed recovery.
I dont know what he did. Im a big baby when it comes to doctors and I look the other way. I tell them and anyone I know that I dont like needles ;) I go back Monday so he can check it out again. They have me on cefadroxil 500mg every 6 hrs. for now. That being scared of needles gig has worked out well for me over the years. It keeps people from asking questions.:)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That "scared of needles" line sounds like a winner to avoid questions about unusual muscle mass, but I'd worry it might turn off any cute Nurses I'd been eye-balling during my appointment. So far my "could you just hold me till I stop shaking" line hasn't worked worth a shit either though.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
That "scared of needles" line sounds like a winner to avoid questions about unusual muscle mass, but I'd worry it might turn off any cute Nurses I'd been eye-balling during my appointment. So far my "could you just hold me till I stop shaking" line hasn't worked worth a shit either though.
It can go either way, the nurse might find it cute or think you're a pussy. I use the line mostly for family and friends that like to ask uncomfortable questions. When I'm training hard, eating properly and fully on is when I use it on the doctors too. Right now I'm a shell of my former self.:(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic