Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Bad Anxiety/Panic Attacks

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
So, i was diagnosed with GAD and Panic disorder back in 2005. From time to time i will suffer with brutal panic attacks
that are quite terrifying to say the least. My question is this. Is there anything besides benzos that will help squash a panic attack.
The breathing exercises work well, but when I'm in the middle of an attack and I'm freaking out I want immediate/quick results. Of course, the Xanax does the trick, but i don't trust myself with any type of narcotics. . Are there any OTC Supplements that work like a Xanax does? Someone told me Gaba is decent. Are there others?
Thanks

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
It may be a adrenal problem man. I can get whats called hypertensive emergency's. I wake up, heart rate 125 to 130, BP 180 0ver 105. I take a xanax and Atenolol. Happens about 2 times a year. I have had the same bottle of Xanax for about 6 years. So the doctor checked my adrenals which sit on your kidneys and they were fine. Turns out to be sleep apnea that causes it. Benzo addiction is deadly and a real MF'r to get off. Maybe there is an edible that might help? A CBD maybe?

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
After my last hospitalization for benzo addiction I've refused to take them. I use GABA tea when it's necessary. Problem with that is you still have to make tea. I used kava extract in college because the alternative was xanax. Kava extract came in a 1 or 2 oz dropper bottle. It got used maybe once a month. Yogi tea has a kava tea you could try.

Slic.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don’t recommend either, but I use phenibut and or alcohol

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I’ve had some bad ones. Where your sure it’s possible death.
same as warhead i keep an old corner bag of Xanax just for emergency’s.
Ill try everything to ride it out before resorting to them.
only a few times I said ok it’s time to take 1/2 of a 1/2

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I’ve had some bad ones. Where your sure it’s possible death.
same as warhead i keep an old corner bag of Xanax just for emergency’s.
Ill try everything to ride it out before resorting to them.
only a few times I said ok it’s time to take 1/2 of a 1/2
Very similar to what you and Warhead do i have old Xanax prescriptions. I always keep 2 or 3 tabs in my vehicles or on my person.
Usually just knowing i have them in case i need them helps tremendously. Ill break a .50 in half and try to take smallest possible dose.
It's one of the few narcs i never abused, just because i have so much damn respect for Panic Attacks. I always tried to make sure i have a few if needed.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
L-theanine, 200mg to start for a week and re-assess.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
look up Dr Andrew Huberman, Huberman Lab podcasts.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard a few people having good results with ashwaganda. I have another friend that also uses kratom. I don’t have experience with either. Do you take any meds daily for anxiety? I take lexapro and it helps ease things somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard a few people having good results with ashwaganda. I have another friend that also uses kratom. I don’t have experience with either. Do you take any meds daily for anxiety? I take lexapro and it helps ease things somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I've been on Effexor daily for several years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic