pbtom
What's New?

Bacon wrapped smoked shrimp

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Maybe if I create the thread for @Lil Ed he will share his recipe and cooking time with us!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’ll test those LK!! LOL...

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Everything is better wrapped in bacon!
I make candied bacon on the BBQ, rub it down with brown sugar and some sweet baby rays, put it on the top rack on low and the sugar turns it into bacon heaven!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Would you like my recipe? Its shrimp free.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
LK you want some of my favorite BBQ sauce from here? Or you want the link to order?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I make candied bacon on the BBQ, rub it down with brown sugar and some sweet baby rays, put it on the top rack on low and the sugar turns it into bacon heaven!

I definitely need to try this.

Try this: cut a quality beef or pork tenderloin along its entire length (like a butterfly cut), and rub crushed garlic, olive and seasoning salt (whatever you prefer). Close it back up, and wrap the entire tenderloin in bacon, and drop in on the grill. So simple, but tastes absolutely amazing.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
(APPLE-WOOD IS A MUST FOR THE TRULY EVIL DELICIOUS FLAVOR)

Bacon needs to be lean and slightly pre cooked but it will keep the Jumbo shrimp from turning to rubber in just one hour to 2.. Temp we use is 225 for approx 1.5 hours after it hits 225...............but if you slow cook it for 2 hours even better.
the shrimp comes out like butter. not hard or rubbery at all.

you can also dress the shrimp with a brush like my Dad does using Kerry Gold garlic and herbs butter from grass fed cows. than wrap in your slightly precooked bacon. that was cooked approx 4 to 7 min in microwave. but not fully cooked at all.. just medium done.. not ready to eat at all.
Pre cooking it will also help get rid of the exes fat on the Bacon. the more apple wood you can pack in the smoker the better. and the F with Hickory or mesquite wood.. just use the Apple.. Only..
Holy SHIT its good..

plenty of flavor without any dipping sauce. maybe just a splash of your favorite hot sauce if you like Diablo style without seeing pieces of jalapeno around your Shrimp wrapped in bacon.
If you want it to look nice for serving use small amount of green onions and cilantro finely cut for apperance and some extra flavors. sprinkle it over the Bacon wrapped Jumbo shrimp and Guests ,friends, or family will be pretty pleased.

the Bacon traps and olds so much smokey flavor its unreal.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We also just got some real Maple Syrup from O Canada. this syrup will crystallize and you can use it to make maybe the most incredible smoked apple wood Bacon with Maple syrup. Cant get this kind of Flavor at any store.

this one right here, but Vermont is also know for great Maple syrup.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pure-M...aBuufy1SZhTRE0vgNkyZ24wMtwoQ==&frcectupt=true

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
5 - 7 min in the micro for bacon will be hard as a crunchy rock, do you mean to cook it so it is flaccid like @tommyguns2 on Phen?

Got some maple syrup from J Wakefield Brewing in Miami, syrup was aged in bourbon barrels that were used to age a stout and then the syrup! I think I found a new use for it!
https://jwakefieldbrewing.com/

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Next time I get this Canadian Maple syrup I'll also send you some.. it taste like Maple syrup but also like Candy. its the best Maple syrup I have ever tasted, Vermont is suppose to be one of our Best USA maple syrup states.

But Any Maple syrup with a nice Bourbon flavor has to be unique and down our alley, I love that Bourbon flavor in the Stouts. Imperial Stout, aged in Bourbon. Barrels with vanilla.. = F'en Awesome.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic