Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

BackAtIt's Log

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Brief overview!... I hurt knight and day, with rare decent days...Lifted since 13 (off and on)...49 now...Did a tad, shad little bit of power lifting (non-competive)...Been in prison for 30 years, with the occasional conjugal visit, which spawned 3 beautiful daughter's!!!

So, I've been trying to get back into lifting (hence, the chosen screen name) for about a month now.... I hoping per an emergency room's doctor's advice, that I need to start lifting again in order to strengthen my core... According to him it will alleviate some of the pain!... However, I explained that it hurts to even take a shower, much less lift weights!!!...To my dismay, he said basically I would have to tolerate the excruciating pain until the core and other muscles were up to par... I have decided to give it a shot!!!

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Welcome, man there are quite a few of us here who have back problems, and lifting really does help the pain, stabilizes the spine, and the stronger you get the better you will feel.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Welcome, man there are quite a few of us here who have back problems, and lifting really does help the pain, stabilizes the spine, and the stronger you get the better you will feel.

That's what I keep hearing, friend... I hope it works for me as other's... I don't think I can stand any more added pain if this doesn't work!... Honestly, Im utterly exhausted!... Don't get me wrong, lifting has always been a passion, but I feel as though I might be on my last rope!... It's a struggle to just sleep!... I appreciate the encouragement and hope to be an asset to the board, rather than, the PROVERBIAL "thorn in the side"....

I'll post up my routine when I establish one of my liking...Right now I'm merely hobbling around in the gym, basically trying to get use to it again and figure out what I can do/get away with, without inflicting further damage to my body...Again, I appreciate the shout out, OMS!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Still lugging around... Injuries are hampering progress....Will post up routine when established!!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So, Ive been fiddling around with legs and to my dismay, am finding that I may not EVER be able to work them appropriately!!!!...So sad!...

I guess I will set up a routine within the next week so as to try and move on with training.... I'll post it up then...☺

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Sorry, I'm still trying to get acclimated!... I hope within the next few weeks or so that an routine will evolve!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Well, I don't know if I should give up or just grind!...So, I broke my left leg (tib and fib), same one that had the ACL reconstruction surgery...They inserted a rod from knee to ankle...My back is worse too!... I got bit by a truck while riding my 10 speed bicycle...The guy was texting!... I've had 3 operations since accident (December 22, 2016)....So, I've just started going back to gym, however, I'm worse than ever!...Again, once I get acclimated, I'll post up a routine!...Peace!....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Just an update....Been working upper body and doing quite a bit of walking....Again, I'm going to try and set a routine in a few weeks!... I'll be getting back injections on the 25th... Hopefully, they will ease the back pain!...The leg is functioning, yet painful when exerted!... I tried to do mild leg presses today and couldn't tolerate pain....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Finally did a partial routine on upper.... I'm hoping next week I can kick it up a notch and incorporate lower.... Good day!!!!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Monday!

Chest and Shoulders!

Warm up/Stretch chest - Flies on machine! - I do these in-between sets!

Set 1 - Decline bench press - 135lbs for 10 reps
Set 2 - " """""""""""""""""""""" - 185lbs for 8 reps
Set 3 - " """""""""""""""""""""" - 185lbs for 6 reps
Set 4 - " """""""""""""""""""""" - 225lbs for 4 reps
Set 5 - " """""""""""""""""""""" - 225lbs for 4 reps
Set 6 - " """""""""""""""""""""" - 225lbs for 4 reps

Set 1 Bench press(machine) - 3/4 of stack for 10 reps
Set 2 """""""""""""""""""""""""" - 3/4 of stack for 10 reps
Set 3 """""""""""""""""""""""""" - full stack for 8 reps
Set 4 """""""""""""""""""""""""" - full stack for 8 reps
Set 5 """""""""""""""""""""""""" - full stack for 8 reps

Set 1 - Shoulder press(machine) - 70lbs for 8 reps
Set 2 - """"""""""""""""""""""""""""" - 70lbs for 8 reps
Set 3 - """”""""""""""""""""""""""""" - 100lbs for 6 reps
Set 4 - """"""""""""""""""""""""""""" - 100lbs for 4 reps

Set 1 - Arnold flies - 30lbs DB for 8 reps
Set 2 - """""""""""""" - 30lbs DB for 8 reps
Set 3 - """""""""""""" - 30lbs DB for 8 reps
Set 4 - """""""""""""" - 35lbs DB for 8 reps
Set 5 - """""""""""""" - 35lbs DB for 8 reps

Couldn't handle any more!....Will update with next routine!!!!.....Peace!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Update!...Just been messing around since last structured workout!....Will be doing same routine as previously posted, tomorrow!.... I'll be setting up a routine for back next week!...Peace!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So, one of our iron brothers messed my routine up on my decline bench.... Therefore, I simplified my workout to machines and Arnold flies!... Nothing to write home about!...

However, today, I will be doing and setting a routine for back and bi's (pull). I don't do traps with this routine, save for push day.....Good day!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic