Sep 24, 2011
Back Workout For The Ladies

Wide Grip Pull Ups----------------------------Sets 5 Reps 8-10
Wide Grip Lat Pull Down-----------------------Sets 4 Reps 10
Hammer Strength Unilateral High Row----------Sets 4 Reps 10
Seated Cable Row(Narrow Grip)----------------Sets 4 Reps 12
One Arm Dumbbell Row-----------------------Sets 3 Reps 12
Straight Arm Lat Pull Down-------------------Sets 3 Reps 15

The following workout should be performed with the heaviest weight you can lift with PROPER form. Proper form is critical!

To really focus on that mind-muscle connection with your back muscles, you don’t want to be using speed and momentum to move the weights. Slow and controlled. This workout should be intense, meaning heavy with short rest intervals.

Its best to take 60 seconds rests between sets but sometimes you can stretch it to 90 seconds if you're trying to add load. This is a great workout for a 5 day split. If back is your lagging body part move the back workout to the first day of your training week.

Last edited:
MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
F.I.S.T., how do you think DLs work into a plan for back development?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol MM.The first thing I thought was where are the Dl's.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
Just in my personal experience, nothing has brought up my back development like DLs.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I think stones are amazing too but unconventional.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
F.I.S.T., how do you think DLs work into a plan for back development?

Sweety,I think DL's are an integral part of any back workout.This is just one routine not incorporating them.Acon was looking for a back workout for today that is a little different than the regular lifts she was doing so I posted this one up.

Don't think for one minute that I would exclude DL's as a primary lift,but it doesnt mean you have to do them with every routine either.Change is the key to continued growth.Always switching things up will yield continued forward progress.Just banging out dl's every time you lift will take you quickly to a plateau but in addition,can make things feel stale.Adding in new routines,exercises,set/rep schemes,etc will keep you hungry for your next workout.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
Sweety,I think DL's are an integral part of any back workout.This is just one routine not incorporating them.Acon was looking for a back workout for today that is a little different than the regular lifts she was doing so I posted this one up.

Don't think for one minute that I would exclude DL's as a primary lift,but it doesnt mean you have to do them with every routine either.Change is the key to continued growth.Always switching things up will yield continued forward progress.Just banging out dl's every time you lift will take you quickly to a plateau but in addition,can make things feel stale.Adding in new routines,exercises,set/rep schemes,etc will keep you hungry for your next workout.
I agree, F.I.S.T. Just seeing what your take was on integrating DLs. Good post, bro.

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
whats the thought behind Wide pull ups then wide pull downs?

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
whats the thought behind Wide pull ups then wide pull downs?

Hits the lats at a different angle working it slightly differently.This is a burn workout that will leave you pumped for sure.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im lucky and my back is not a lagging body part for me. if you guys want to come down here i will let you float teeth and preg check cows and lay horses down, will get ones back bulked up pretty fast.

im kind of like the RR and MM, deadlifts and then dont forget barbell rows and T bar rows. wide grip pullups kills my joints :(

dryvrgrl

dryvrgrl

TID Lady Member
Sep 20, 2011
Hits the lats at a different angle working it slightly differently.This is a burn workout that will leave you pumped for sure.

im sceptical lol

its back day tomorrowx ill try it.

my typical back workout
3 sets failure wide pull ups (usually 12-15 cuz im fat)
rev grip pulldowns usually 5 sets pyranmidding with last set drop to burnout)
seated row narrow (same 5 pyramid/burnout)
bent over row 4 sets or so
(sometimes one arm rows instead)
standing rope rows from top heavy scoop
straight arm pulldowns
deadlifts
then narrow pullups to fail

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
im sceptical lol

its back day tomorrowx ill try it.

my typical back workout
3 sets failure wide pull ups (usually 12-15 cuz im fat)
rev grip pulldowns usually 5 sets pyranmidding with last set drop to burnout)
seated row narrow (same 5 pyramid/burnout)
bent over row 4 sets or so
(sometimes one arm rows instead)
standing rope rows from top heavy scoop
straight arm pulldowns
deadlifts
then narrow pullups to fail

dang, thats a lot of exercises! good for you!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic