Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Back surgery mix?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
So after 14 years of back issues (2 herniated discs + bilateral sciatica).. It got worse year after year. Degenerated discs, Stenosis. And then in July, I can't remember the name, but my L5 vertebrae popped out of place. I was to the point of begging for fentanyl patches from my dr. Picking up my legs to get into the car. Laying down for 18+ hours a day.
... They finally caught up to me.

My neurosurgeon said 3 years ago that a lumbar fusion was the last option, and not to do it until I couldn't stand it anymore. So that's where I was.

So I had the surgery 10/31.. 360 Fusion (where they go in the front and back). Within 2 weeks I had less pain than I did 7 years ago. Oh and no opiates now for the first time in over 5 years!

So I started 3ius of gh about a week before surgery, and plan on running through April. Added Boldenon 300 for red blood cell count on top of my trt.

I'm not cleared for physical therapy yet, let alone the gym or even a treadmill. I'm still not doing anything stupid and haven't even touched a weight since August. So I'm being safe.

Is there anything else that would be effective for faster recovery?

Pt will probably be prescribed soon. Hopefully this week.

So tired of being a potato

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Lousy shoulders here, but good back.

This should lead to a good thread ... thanks for the op. Some discussions already exist here, but TMI is better than Too Little .......

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I'm down. I'm just glad to be relatively pain free after more than a decade.. And no pain pills.

But I got a feeling it's going to be bands, machines, and cables for a good long while even after I'm cleared

That being said, to add to my above post. One dude swears by this one peptide, which is a gh agonist..
So I went the actual gh route

Adding back incisions for reference

I don't have any from the front.. But they split me navel to fupa.. About 6" vertical

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221226_195334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221226_195334_Gallery.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I’m glad to hear you’re feeling much better! Keep it slow and steady. GH is your best bet to help aid the recovery process as you know already. :)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don’t know, I’m scared to death that this is in my near future so I’ll be following

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
--below is what I meant to reply to

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I don’t know, I’m scared to death that this is in my near future so I’ll be following
I was in the hospital for 4 days. Day 2 was bad. Day 4 I was ready to get the fuck out of there. Another 8 days or so after were a blur of pain.

Lots of naps, oxycodone, muscle relaxers, ice, more ice.. I used my walker for about 4 days. I still use my grabber to help get my underwear and shorts on so I don't bend.

But honestly it's that first 12 days or so that are hard... I'm doing shit now that I haven't been able to do in years. Like get into my car like a normal fuckin human being. Spasms are gone. Sciatica is gone.

I'm doing awesome.. But honestly if I wasn't so bad before surgery I'd probably be bitching more. I could have maybe done it 3 years ago and been ok with it, but luckily I have a very conservative neurosurgeon that wanted me to wait. So.. Glad I did.

My advice is if you're falling down from the sciatica and/or spasms alone... Totally worth it

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don’t know what you do for work, but how long are you expecting to be out?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I don’t know what you do for work, but how long are you expecting to be out?
I'm in home finance, mortgage broker (probably not for long from what I'm seeing).. So thankfully I work from home 85% of the time.

So I was really only out 2 weeks.

It'd be a lot harder if I worked in an office. Until recently just running a few errands knocked me the fuck out when I got home. Even though there was no pain, all my body's energy is spent healing that hardware fused to my spine.

If I was in an office, probably would be out 3-4 weeks absolutely max.

A more physical job at least 4 months. 3 if you beg the doctor. But whole healing recovery is 4-6 months before you can twist, bend, or lift more than 10lbs (20 is more like it considering my musculature already)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm in home finance, mortgage broker (probably not for long from what I'm seeing).. So thankfully I work from home 85% of the time.

So I was really only out 2 weeks.

It'd be a lot harder if I worked in an office. Until recently just running a few errands knocked me the fuck out when I got home. Even though there was no pain, all my body's energy is spent healing that hardware fused to my spine.

If I was in an office, probably would be out 3-4 weeks absolutely max.

A more physical job at least 4 months. 3 if you beg the doctor. But whole healing recovery is 4-6 months before you can twist, bend, or lift more than 10lbs (20 is more like it considering my musculature already)
Yeah, I have kind of a physical job. One of the neuros said 6 months but he thought I was already not working

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, I have kind of a physical job. One of the neuros said 6 months but he thought I was already not working
My doctor said he's cleared construction workers in as early as 3 months. Basically 2 months healing at home and at least 4 weeks of pt (I'll find out how long this Thursday at my followup)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My back is ok, but my Wife's is not ... I'll follow you following KF.

Pro tip: save any of that stuff you may be prescribed when you are discharged from the hospital, i.e. the Walker, a Portable Commode with the parallel bar type handles, the "Reacher," .... anything.

My only re-use so far has been to retrieve Spike's ball with the Reacher when he lets his ball go under the neighbor's fence, but we and/or our Humans have a history of encountering unexpected problems from different directions. Those hospital type pee bottles that look like German beer mugs may come in handy too ... ya never know ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic