Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Back Pain

crvjim

crvjim

Nov 29, 2011
Sciatica nerve,been there did that,tingling in the butt down the back of the leg to ankle and if you push it the toes go numb.Rest and voltarin 100 mg where the only thing that helped me.But over the years and hurting it on and off it evenually exploded and they had to remove the L5 disc.3 weeks later I was back in the gym now 24 years later still lifting just not as heavy and ALWAYS with good form.Now it only bothers me when it rains,really.

Last edited:
H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
yep. sciatica blows. mine is caused my a herniation at the l5-s1. lots of stretches and 6 epidurals later it doesnt really bug me anymore

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sciatica is a general term so you really need to see a good orthopedic physician an see where and why the pressure is hurting. . More often than not you can actually correct it through exercise. If you go the pt route you do need to find one specializing in sports medicine . I injured my lower spine years ago, surgery and did really intense Pt which I still do as part of my back routine as stiff deads, hypers were part of my rehab and my back pain has never returned . My back stronger now at 48 than when I was 25 . Heavy deads, squats , presses, 2-5 hours daily of throwing humans or being thrown violently on my back and never any pain. Most PT makes a big deal over abs and flexibility - much of the more recent successfull Pt for lower back emphasizes the erectors and transverse abs. My body is my support belt during heavy lifts

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
MRI can detect sciatica. Go to your doctor to get proper management.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
Tingling is likely piriformis syndrome or mild entrapment of the sciatic nerve somewhere along those lines. Could be by bicep femoris, gastrocnemius etc.
Stretch these muscles and you'll easily see if it helps or not. Overworking of all these muscles are often connected to weak / inactive gluteals.

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
Although most people recover fully from sciatica, often without any specific treatment, sciatica can potentially cause permanent nerve damage. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience:

Loss of feeling in the affected leg
Weakness in the affected leg
Loss of bowel or bladder function

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic