Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Back Pain

C

cpinaire

Jan 3, 2013
6 weeks ago doing speed legs I started getting a tingling on the outside of my left leg down to my foot. I waited three weeks and went to my Dr. who took an xray and said my back looked ok. I've kept lifting but yesterday in bench I couldn't push with my legs because of the pain. I know this isn't a medical forum but should I keep lifting on this. Have you guys had similar problems.

R

Rsundquist

Aug 9, 2013
My buddy had the same thing. His was the sciatic nerve. Not sure if this could be the same case for you too or not but just a thought

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You need to have an MRI done.

Could be sciatica, but it's hard to tell without an MRI.

Does it hurt when you sit down? Twist? How's your mobility? Any change?

Aug 2, 2013
^^^this, if you are having that much pain you need to go get an MRI. It will give a lot more detail to what is going on with your back than just just a typical xray. Its better to be safe than sorry bro.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
6 weeks ago doing speed legs I started getting a tingling on the outside of my left leg down to my foot. I waited three weeks and went to my Dr. who took an xray and said my back looked ok. I've kept lifting but yesterday in bench I couldn't push with my legs because of the pain. I know this isn't a medical forum but should I keep lifting on this. Have you guys had similar problems.

An xray aint going to show shit unless a bone or possibly cartilage (though I doubt it) is injured. For soft tissue you need an MRI as another said. I'd take it easy for a while. I've taken care of plenty of patients with real back pain (though more that I believe were faking it so they could get their Dilaudid). But some I could say were real. I will never mess with something that hurts my back. Things that make it sore... bring it on. But things that cause real back pain. Nope I aint a competior and I'm not making a living at this. I'll settle for smaller build before I end up living like these people.

C

cpinaire

Jan 3, 2013
I have still been squatting and deadlifting. I can deal with the pain I just know something isn't right. It mostly just tingles and feels numb. I really just don't want to be injured. I guess I'll ask for an MRI and probably stupidly keep lifting.

Murica

Murica

Aug 2, 2013
Sciatic nerve compression at the nerve roots or by piriformis muscle most likely. Go get an MRI so they can find out where the compression is and then get physical therapy. You should also probably [definitely] find a new doctor.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
I have still been squatting and deadlifting. I can deal with the pain I just know something isn't right. It mostly just tingles and feels numb. I really just don't want to be injured. I guess I'll ask for an MRI and probably stupidly keep lifting.

How old are you?

S

shagmastuh

Jul 21, 2013
Definitely sounds like a pinched/damaged nerve. Xray wouldn't show soft tissue damage, or nerve response (or lack of). Not familiar with the term "speed legs", if I had to guess its the rapid run in place that is often associated with football? I would hope it wasn't a series of rapid lifts with iron... that would defiantly subject you to serious injuries (form is everything, slow, controlled, supported lifts). I feel your pain, back injuries are menacing and often come back as you age. Get another doctor to diagnose it, L4 and L5 also can cause that tingle, but it will be accompanied with "pins and needles" which is a feeling you will quickly identify if experiencing. Wish you the best, heal fast.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
X-ray isn't completely useless, it can tell if the spacing of the discs is ok as a start. MRI will def show everything an X-ray doesn't. Icing my back as I type this, I do it almost every morning whether it hurts or not, has really reduced the number of times I get severe back pain per year.

C

cpinaire

Jan 3, 2013
I've been doing a series of stretches the Dr. gave me and somehow it's feeling better so hopefully it just heals it self. Speed legs is in reference to the Westside Barbell approach to power lifting with one day max effort legs and 72 hours later speed legs 8-12 sets of 2 rep squats at 50-65% of your max with bands as well as dead lifts with bands and assistance work. I'm 37. I've continued lifting legs although I haven't got any personal bests the past 4 weeks. I failed at 610 off a 12 inch box.

L

Lil Canada

May 10, 2011
Take very good care of your spine man. I'd have it looked at by a doc and rather be over protective than just wait and see what happens. Could do damage you dont see and the pain goes away but damage is still there. Trust me I did that and now I need to have my lower portion of my spine reconstructed and I could have potentially saved some of it when I had my incident and thought everything was going to be fine since I started to feel better. I've been living in hell b/c of it and still worse to come before I can start to get better. Take it very seriously and be over protective and save your back, you'll thank your-self in the long run.

Stay Safe,
-LiL Canada

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic