Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Back Pain? Try This.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I have historically leaned toward spinal decompression when trying to relieve back pain, but I don't think I ever found relief as quickly as I did recently, when I went in the opposite direction. In my case, we're talking a 50% improvement of moderate back strain after only one session and complete relief in a few days. If you decide to try Foundation Training, please post your results. (Caveat: Read disclaimer first.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI

(This is just one of several videos available. Good stuff.)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good stuff al. Great for a pre deadlift routine. That initial hip Hinge position is the way a deadlift should be approached so it's going to hit all those areas.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
I like this. I'm deloading this week, so I'm gonna try doing this 4-5 times this week.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Got through about 3 minutes of watching and had to go ice my lower back. How bad did this hurt the first time you tried it?

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
Got through about 3 minutes of watching and had to go ice my lower back. How bad did this hurt the first time you tried it?
It was VERY uncomfortable. In fact, I was paranoid that such long, hard isometric holds in hyperextention would be more likely to cause an episode of sciatica than heal anything. If I wasn't so anal about finishing what I start, I never would have stuck it out.

cynderella

cynderella

TID Lady Member
Feb 4, 2015
That's tough but I'm thinking it's really gonna help stretch my lower back out, thank you for the share! How often do you recommend doing this a wk?

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
That's tough but I'm thinking it's really gonna help stretch my lower back out, thank you for the share! How often do you recommend doing this a wk?
I do it almost every day with additional sessions before squats and deadlifts, but I am a lot older than the rest of you and strain my back fairly easily. One of the Foundation videos recommends four to five days.

Nitro

Nitro

Nov 19, 2014
Gonna give this a try.

I've been focusing a lot more on flexabilty myself having dealt with back pain for over 15 years now. I have a program that i do a few times a week already but always looking to try new stuff. Looks like it may take a few trys before I'll be able to make it through the whole thing but good stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
damn this was brutal, but will keep trying this along with my foam roller

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic