Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

back help

T

texaskingsnake

Jan 30, 2011
My back never get sore... is this bad it just won't come up.. I work the hell out of it... 50pull ups every other day I work back alone start with barbell rows .. 4x10 rack pulls 4x10 lat pulls(wide)4x10 lat pulls(narrow)4x10 one arm db row 4x10 stiff arm pull downs4x10 decline pull overs 4xfailure ? I have whent as heavy as I can .. lighter to fell it.. fast paced .. slow and stedy ..every thing ... I don't get it I work and work nd nothing ... now what.. help. I want a back and lats that cast a shadow that will block out the sun

Stack_it

Stack_it

Dec 21, 2010
Soreness is not a sign of growth. I have certain body parts that grow fine but never feel sore.

That being said, you are overtraining your back. Rest is what allows your muscles to grow.

Try this:

Wide grip pullups 5 sets of 10
Tbar rows 3 sets 8-10
Deadlifts 3 sets 8-10
Low rows 3 sets 8-10
Lat pulldowns (grip doesn't matter on this exercise) 3 sets of 12

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
Man, all I can say is that the back muscles are some of the largest you have. When they get properly trained, they will need nutrients and rest to grow. Hit those large muscles with heavy weight, proper form (some forced reps are ok too), but stay away from 10-rep sets. If you can do 10 clean reps, the weight is too little. Stay in the 4-6 range, only rest for 60-90 seconds between these little sets, and go until you hit 25-30 total reps. Something like this:

Set 1: 6 reps
Set 2: 5 reps
Set 3: 5 reps
Set 4: 4 reps
Set5: 3 reps
Set 6: 2 reps
TOTAL 25 REPS, heavy-ass weight, and in like 8 minutes.

Then rest a couple minutes before changing exercises and do something similar. Doing 50 pullups is impresive but is more of an endurance activity than a muscle-building routine. Add weight to your waist so you can only do 5-7 reps for set 1, then rest a minute and go again...till you hit whatever number you want, say 30 total.

I hit back every 5th day and it's my best bodypart. Sometimes I'll do slow, "feel" reps but most my growth has come from explosive, fast reps.

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Are rack pulls deadlifts? Cuz that's the main thing I see missing. Lower reps, more food maybe?

T

texaskingsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks a lot ..yes I am allways told I am overtraining... its realy hard for me to stop one I get in the gym I wanna lift and do every thing I can ... I will try this for afew wks and see if I have any change

T

texaskingsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Would this work for all body parts the rep count ect. As far as pull ups .. I was told to get a big wide back u have to do a ton ..and as I said I do 5sets of 10 ... every other day and well I see no change I will try to add weight... I fell in to this 4 or 5 sets for 10 reps thing and I do use as big amount of weight as I can to compleat all reps time to change my thinking.... thanks for ur help and if you think this rep count/sets will work for all big parts I will try it...

T

texaskingsnake

Jan 30, 2011
oh i all so wanted to add i only hit each body part 1 time a week thats is why i do so much ...

G

GOAL200

Jan 15, 2011
You said you do 5x10 pullups every other day and then you said you only hit each bodypart 1x/week. Which is it?

The idea behind doing heavier weight for less reps is to tax your nervous system in a new way, stimulating more GH release and effectively tearing down the muscles better (and differently). Change up your routine every few weeks and your body will have to adapt. Shorter rest periods between sets make each set VERY difficult. Try the lower rep, short rest period technique for a few weeks, then return to your 10-rep sets for a few and see how it goes. Also try exploding up on the pullup then slowly lowering yourself, staying tense the whole time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic