Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Back at it after a long time...

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
I was in pretty good shape in my early 30's. Then I got fat. Then I got a fatter. Then I lost a few lbs through diet but wasn't lifting near enough.

I will turn 49 years old in February and am training for my first show in April. I'm 6' and am weighing in around 231....trying to get into the 190's by then. All while trying to build muscle as well. Any and all advice on diet, supps and training are appreciated.

I might end up signing up for Beach Body division instead of BB depending on where I'm at by then...seems to be more older guys who are in it for the "Before & After" in that group.

Attachments

• B.A.jpeg
    B.A.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 39
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Keep doing what u have been doing, pics show u r on the right path

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Great job getting rid of the gut, try intermittent fasting and when you lift hit the large muscle groups first then finish up with the smaller ones.
Lots of reps at moderately heavy weight at your age, time under tension will help alot.
Do some cardio everyday jt is good for you.
Eat like a responsible adult no drive throughs or easy crap.
Cook a bunch at once so it is always ready we cook for a family of 6...lol
Great job so far
cheers

BIGasTexas

BIGasTexas

Nov 17, 2012
Great job getting rid of the gut, try intermittent fasting and when you lift hit the large muscle groups first then finish up with the smaller ones.
Lots of reps at moderately heavy weight at your age, time under tension will help alot.
Do some cardio everyday jt is good for you.
Eat like a responsible adult no drive throughs or easy crap.
Cook a bunch at once so it is always ready we cook for a family of 6...lol
Great job so far
cheers

Thanks brother...looks like we are of like mind. I've been on point with all of those suggestions except meal prepping. Which is why I am probably not getting enbough protein.

Has anyone ever had a Dexascan? I have heard it's supposed to be the most reliable BF% measurement tool...?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic